1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured how does the RCC officially View the papacy?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The scriptures DO tell us why Paul called himself the chief of sinners!

Read why Paul WAS THE worst of sinners, the chief of sinners!

Acts 22:20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.'

1 Timothy 1:13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.

Acts 26:9 "I too was convinced that I ought to do all that was possible to oppose the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

Acts 22:4 I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison,

Acts 8:3 But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison.

Did you read that! Do you really think that Paul continued to practice the sins that made him the worst of sinners?!
    That is nowhere in the scriptures. What kind of talk is that? It is probably something your reformed teachers coined.

That was at the beginning of Peter’s relationship with Jesus not when he got closer to Jesus! Your argument is null. You are not speaking according to the word; you are speaking man’s words.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have never had reformed teachers. That is a false allegation. I am not a Calvinist, as I have told you many times.
    Luke 5:8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

Even then Peter knew more about the holiness of the Lord then you will ever understand!

Matthew 17:6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
    --They feared a holy God.

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
    --But you would never understand that would you?
    He saw a holy and righteous God; and at the same time he saw his own sinfulness in the light of that holiness.

Isaiah 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah 6:7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
    --He was reassured that this sinful man, Isaiah, could approach a holy God.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

When you say we cannot understand ANYTHING before we are saved…that IS a reformed teachers teaching. When you say we cannot repent before being saved…that IS a reformed teaching. When you say a sinner searches for God as a robber searches for a police station…THAT IS A REFORMED TEACHING. In fact, that is a quote from a Calvinist teacher.

Stop accusing me of things that are not true!

You and Biblicist say the same MAN MADE teachings. The Bible does not say the closer we get to God the more unholy we get or feel!

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

DHK, and all others need to STOP slandering against Apostle Paul, saying that he still practices sins that qualify him as the chief of sinners!

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am not a Calvinist. But if my beliefs happen to cross the same paths of the Calvinist so that we both believe the same thing on some important issues, then what does that say about your beliefs? That often puts your beliefs outside the realm of orthodox Christianity, doesn't it?
    What things are not true?
    I quoted Luke 5:8, Peter's testimony about the Lord.
    Are you closer to the Lord then Peter was? Do you claim more knowledge of Christ who walked and talked with Christ as His disciple for more than three years then Peter? Are you that arrogant?
    Isn't that interesting? We both have different backgrounds; come from different churches, even different countries! We both differ on many different doctrines. But on these Biblical doctrines we agree, and you are the one that disagrees. I find that interesting.

Don't you find it odd that when you are the only one who claims that your position is right, and everyone disagrees with you, you still maintain that your position is of God, and everyone has a man-made position and is wrong. Why is it that you are always right and everyone else on the board is wrong? Doesn't that tell you something?

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What you said, in and of itself, is slander. I did not say that. Why did you say I did. That is sin Moriah. It seems that you live in a state of continual sin--habitual lying. What does the Bible say about that?

Can you quote me where I said that?

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I do not have manmade beliefs.

What kind of spirit do you have that is always implying such accusations to me?

What difference does it make that you both are from different backgrounds, churches, and countries? Really now, what kind of logic and reasoning is that? There are people in the U.S.A., people in the jungles of Africa, people in the Philippine Islands, people all over who are of the Catholic religion. Lol There are false religions shared by people all over the world.

Many people follow a denomination’s teachings, without changing their beliefs when they read the Bible. Denominations are beliefs taught by men, and people in masses blindly follow. There are people who know the Truth. There are people who know we are to believe and be sorry for our sins. There are people who search for God and find God. You have no argument against me. I speak of the written Word of God.

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You and many others here argue that Paul is speaking of himself as a wretched sinning man still, even after being saved. You have stated many times that it is a testimony of Paul claiming we will always sin every day and every hour.

If you would like to claim now that Paul was not speaking of himself as still living as a chief sinner-practicing sin, then I would take that public admittance as an improvement over what you used to preach.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I listed five Scriptures. Then you call the Scriptures man-made beliefs. So the Bible is composed of man-made beliefs according to you?
    What do you want my to say? I quote Scripture--specifically the testimony of Peter. And you say you are holier than Peter, or something to that effect! And now you say something about me having a spirit that accuses you? What do you expect? Answer me? Are you more knowledgeable, more holier than Peter?
    But you are always right and everyone else is wrong. This is your MO. Right?
    First, I am not part of a denomination.
    Second, You do not speak the Word of God, you don't even answer with the Word of God. You answer with your philosophy.
    Third, you avoid questions directly asked of you.
    Fourth, give the name of the church you attend, and your denomination--things you failed to fill out when you filled out your profile.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You see the twisted way in which you speak to me. You twist when you discuss things with me, for where did I ever say the Bible is composed of man made beliefs?
    Here you go again, more twisting. You said the closer we get to God the more we feel like sinners. SHOW ME THAT FROM THE SCRIPTURES. You quote Peter when he first was with Jesus. However, you said the closer we walk to the Lord the more sinful we see ourselves. Did Peter stay on the ground the whole time he was near Jesus! How does one keep feeling more sinful when the blood of Jesus cleans us, and God has made us perfect and holy through Jesus? How could anyone keep a relationship with God feeling dirtier and dirtier all the time as they walk with the Lord giving up sins and worshiping. How can you say you have faith in His blood when you do not feel cleaned? How can you say obeying Jesus' teachings makes us feel more sinful?!!!!!!!!!
    Just listen to all your twisting and false accusations.
    This is a debate group. Show me how many times you have admitted to anyone that you were wrong! Show us now! I am no baby Christian and I am sure of what I speak. Only a hypocrite and an accusing mind could find fault in debating with confidence.

You call yourself a Baptist, and that is a denomination.
    That is not true. That is more accusations from you. I can and do show scripture to everything I believe and say. Prove where I do not speak the Word of God. Show it now!
    I have not failed to do what you say.
    You claim you are not of a denomination, yet you accuse me of not giving one! You keep trying to slander against me, accusing me of things that you yourself are guilty.

Here is yet another post by you falsely accusing me and making this a place where you personally attack me personally.

#130 Moriah, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is not true. That is more accusations from you. I can and do show scripture to everything I believe and say. [/quote]
    For some things that you believe and say. However you twist the Scriptures. You don't really believe what Eph.2:8,9 say, and neither do you believe in the teaching of Romans 5:1 or in the teaching of Romans 4:1-5. If you did your beliefs would be vastly different. But you twist these Scripture way out of their context to make them mean something other than their true meaning. You do the same thing with Rom.3:9-13. You don't believe those Scriptures literally for what they teach. You just explain them away. Then after you have explained these Scriptures away as meaningless you put forth your own ungodly philosophy.
    I am IFB. Do your homework. Independent means what it says--independent from all other denominations, and even other baptists. We are separated from them. We are not a part of any denomination.
    Yes, I rightly accuse you of not giving either a church name nor a denomination. You have not identified yourself. You have no excuse. What is your denomination, and what is the name of your church? Identify yourself, like everyone else here has. What are you afraid of? Are you a coward?
    Of what am I guilty? Not the things you are!
    It is you that does not understand salvation--faith alone in Christ alone by grace alone.

Here is a question you have never answered. Do you believe the above statement? Yes or no. You don't answer questions.

Here is another question you fail to answer.
    You have lied and misrepresented others on this board. That is sin. Suppose you were to do that, die of a heart attack suddenly without the chance to repent, would you go to heaven? Yes or no?

Instead of saying that you answer questions (when you don't), prove yourself by answering these questions posed above.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You do not understand what those scriptures are saying. You do not understand what means to be saved by works. Works, the works like sin offerings, saved the Jews. Repenting and obeying were not nailed to the cross. We must repent and obey God.

IFB is a denomination.

Now you say a denomination OR a church. I gave a church. I said I was a Christian, and that I belonged to the body of Christ.

Who speaks to people the way you do?

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I understand what they say. Biblicist does. I can give you others: Amy, Tom Butler, and many others who will agree the same as I do. I don't know of anyone that has your interpretation. Thus, it is not that do not understand.
    You do not understand what Independent Fundamental Baptist churches are. Do some study.
    There is no need to lie to me, nor be deceptive.
    Mormons are both a denomination and a church. Mormons claim to be Christians and also members of the body of Christ. Therefore shall I conclude that you are a Mormon. If so I will bring that to the administration for Mormons are not allowed. You would do good to identify yourself.
    Moderators speaking to people who tell lies and are deceptive in not identifying who they are.
    Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Ha ha ha You feel secure in your beliefs because Amy, Tom, and many others believe as you do. I feel secure because Jesus revealed himself to me, because I obey.

IFB is a denomination. You can call it a name, or a title, an independent organization…it does not matter. It is a denomination.
    Wow. Why would you conclude that I was a Mormon if you yourself say Mormon is a denomination?

I told you I am no denomination.

Stop breaking the group rules. The people who did not practice what they preach are the Pharisees.
    So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. Matthew 23:3
    Oh how I love the Word of God.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have just identified yourself as a Gnostic. Is this what you are? One who receives special higher revelation from God? Biblical teaching is that God reveals nothing outside of his revealed and inspired word of God. But you have put yourself outside of the inspired word of God. We base our beliefs on the Scriptures. You have just admitted that your revelation comes from somewhere else, like the Gnostics used to say.
    1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
    Mormonism is a denomination inasmuch as the RCC is a denomination. You belong to a denomination of some kind or have a denominational background of some kind just like the RCC and Mormons. You just don't want to admit. You got your beliefs from somewhere. You are being cowardly to admit it, just like you won't answer other questions that I pose to you, and those ones are theological.
    And I don't believe you.
    You don't mention any church you attend either.
    Not going to church is not Biblical. Don't you believe in going to church?
    What is the name of your church?
    I practice what I preach. Everyone here knows that I am IFB.
    Your life does not demonstrate a love for the Word of God; it demonstrates a total disrespect for the rules of this board and for others on this board. That is not love.

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No.

You are telling untruths. Jesus says he reveals himself to those who obey. Jesus reveals himself to anyone who obeys.

I answer all questions. You just do not see. I am no denomination. I get my teachings from Jesus.

Practice the rules for the group.

What you say are more falseness against me. You take pride in the awful way you speak to me.

17. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is descending into a schoolyard brawl!!!

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Here comes another false accuser. I have only spoken the Word of God.

As for me, I am contending for the faith. I have been doing nothing wrong.

Where would we be without this post from you, a post with false accusations?

19. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Dear me....I would not dream of contending with you!!!:laugh:

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

So why are you posting when you are saying nothing about the topic? You just like to throw a little dirt in the fight; maybe kick at us a couple of times?
    :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.