1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How does this work? Zarqawi can't shoot.

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Enoch, May 5, 2006.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

What a pathetic LOSER… [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Fox News

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No doubt, his CIA trainers and handlers should have taught him the correct way to handle an M60 before they shot his new Pentagon propaganda film. I imagine this "lost" footage was found on the floor of the editing room in the Green Zone. Probably the same room where they keep splicing together old Bin Laden videos that they crank out every time Bush's poll numbers and support for the phoney war on terror take a nose dive.

New Balance, the last of the American made sneakers. So much for the story that he hates all things American. This looks like another desperate act on the part of the neocons to convince Americans that are no longer buying all the other propaganda they put out about their new and improved favorite boogeyman that the GWOT is really about fighting terror. Thanks Enoch, I needed a good laugh this morning. [​IMG]

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

4. JohnB

JohnB New Member

How can he be a pathetic loser and America's #1 arch enemy at the same time?
    What does that say about us? That we are not even competent enough to defeat a doofus?

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's says that we're probably willing to believe anything the neocons and their comrades in the media tell us as long as they promise to keep us safe from all their evil manufactured threats.

ERRORIST 'CHIEF' IS US SPIN
    By Chris Hughes

TERROR mastermind Abu Mousab al-Zarqawi is a largely fictitious bogeyman invented to help an American propaganda war in Iraq, it was claimed last night.

Senior US military and intelligence officers admitted they have "overstated" the importance of the Jordanian-born al-Qaeda chief.

Evidence has emerged that spin doctors also bombarded the "home audience" with exaggerated stories about al-Zarqawi, who is rumoured to have personally decapitated British hostage Ken Bigley in 2004.

At a meeting at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas Colonel Derek Harvey, a former military intelligence officer, said foreign rebels were "a very small part of the numbers".

He said: "Our focus on al-Zarqawi has enlarged his caricature - made him more important than he really is. The long-term threat is not al-Zarqawi or religious extremists, but former regime types and their friends."

Al-Zarqawi - a former junkie jailed for trying to overthrow the Jordanian government - has received a death sentence and had a £15million bounty placed on his head by the US.

He is said to have been behind the Fallujah uprising in 2004 and to be Osama bin Laden's representative in Iraq. The US claims he is at the head of a foreign force of insurgents and Britain still insists the rebellion is being led by foreign fighters.

But former SAS trooper Ben Griffin said recently: "I was there for months and I didn't come across any foreign fighters."

SOURCE

Or it could mean the neocons are so dizzy from their own spin they forgot he was supposed be the arch enemy. Looks like they'll be needing to invent another one now.

6. JohnB

JohnB New Member

Reminds me of thst scene in Das Boot (The Boat) where the U-Boat officers are listening to a radio propagada broadcast from Berlin in which Goering was calling Churchill a drunken, syphilitic crippled pig (or something to that effect.)

The Captiain said "For a drunken, syphilitic, crippled pig, he's doing a pretty good job kicking our butts." (cleaned up language for the BB)

7. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Except he isnt doing that. Resist the impluse to point at one man and hold him responsible for all your troubles.

This is a group effort led by a number of people from all over the middle east. My personal experience was with individuals who were originally from Egypt and Jordan (according to their papers), and those that were not dead were going to detainee holding facilities. Perhaps the SAS trooper stayed in the rear?

8. JohnB

JohnB New Member

Certtainly the struggle is more complex. It was a humorous illustration. Zarqawi is not Churchill.

My point is that you can't hold someone up as the bogeyman of terror hiding around every corner, and, at the same time, mock his incompetence.