1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How far can we Scripturally go?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by rlvaughn, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Karen

Karen Active Member

Dear Clint,
    You state things very well. You and I might disagree on some of the practical mechanics.

For example, in OK every March, Southern Baptists hold Rose Day at the capitol in OKC. Pastors and other concerned citizens go to meet with legislators and urge pro-life legislation.
    I think that pastors and other Christian citizens can properly work for legislation that protects innocent life, for example.

I have done enough pro-life work to know that many people assume that because something is legal it is not immoral.
    I favor the restriction of gambling through law, even though with Christian morality there would be no problem.

I do not think that separation of church and state means or should mean that Christians can have no influence. Or that any acknowledgement of God is an assault on religious freedom. I think that our laws do have their basis, and properly, in Judeo-Christian morality. How the state knows what to punish and what is wicked is from Judeo-Christian morality. I am not saying you personally disagree. But I am saying that many who use the same terms you do carry it WAY too far, to where Christians are just inside their church walls.

Karen