1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How far would you go to witness to a Satanist?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 25, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was asked that question, and told the inquiring party to prayerfully stay at arm's length to protect their own walk. There is such a thing as oppression, and hanging around minions of the devil, can't be spiritually healthy, even if you have good intentions....What would you tell them if they asked you?

There is a heavy presence of covens and white supremists in the county I live in, and some of the more evangelical minded churches are working hard to share Jesus with them. However, with a huge segment of society lost in sin, I think they would do better going after the lost, and not those with hardcore hearts sold out to an evil cause.

#1 righteousdude2, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
  2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
    1 John 4:4 NAS77

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are not those sold out to evil lost as well?

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Padre - great verse. So have you personally witnessed successfully to a Satanist or witch? If so, how did you go about approaching them, and did you find certain scriptures that were able to open them up to talking about their need to be saved?

5. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they are already a Card Carrying Member I wouldn't waste my time with 'em. Only the Lord could reach deep enough to change their mind.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Thanks for illustrating the problem with Christians today. I guess I really shouldn't say today, because this has been gone on for centuries. You'd fit in well at Salem.

7. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
    Romans 3:10 NAS77

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    Romans 3:23 NAS77

I do not believe there is a shred of difference between the self-proclaimed satanist and the fluffy cookie-baking granny down the street when it comes to being lost. They are both deluded thinking their form of religion -apart from the Cross- will save them. Granny is counting on being nice, benevolent and pleasant. The other is counting on Beelzebub. Both are hedging their bets that perhaps they will be found good/evil enough to satisfy whatever determines their eternity.

Neither has assurance. How do you persuade Granny that her chocolate chip cookies will be deemed satisfactory? You can't. She lives by an ambiguous "I hope" with no assurance.

My experience is with a coven of witches and warlocks. Yup, even in small town America. I spent a few months interacting with various members of the group. This was my observation based on this small sample:

• Shock factor: I can't look into their brains to see the mouse on the wheel but it seemed the group liked to see the reaction of other folks. Being a witch is the ultimate counter-culture expression on a town full of traditionalist.
    • Attention factor: I found them to be insecure and, while denying it verbally, wanted attention even if it was negative. They would dress like freaks and then scream, "What are you looking at?" when you looked.
    • Association factor: Like the Island of Misfit Toys. They are looking for someone to validate their feeling that they are different and misunderstood.
    • Post-Christian society factor: Society has been working overtime trying to convince the world that traditional Christianity - the Gospel of Jesus Christ - is outdated and irrelevant. Outside of small pockets of progress the church has done little to counter this.
    • Grieving the Holy Spirit: In spite of what you have may heard, even the most ardent Arminian believes nobody comes to Jesus and confesses Him as Lord and Savior apart from the convicting work of the Holy Spirit. I believe Grace to be resistible to an extent. If a person's election is true then ultimately they will find mercy at the foot of the Cross. We are in no position to foresee to what depths a person will stoop until they resist no more. I am confident that the arm of God is longer than the depth of my depravity.

Whether the person has flour dust on their apron or cat blood on their cloak God's Word can pierce through the darkness and reach their hearts.

8. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Read Romans one, see 'reprobate', realize that you are wrong.
    Salem was run by an Armenian Calvinist, in other words, a lost man representing God, who he didn't know, neither was known by the same...Cotton Mather.
    He thought to physically enforce spiritual morality.

This comparison is far worse than apples to oranges. You are calling him a murderer.
    You are saying that he falsely represents God, and is actually lost, using God for POLITICAL GAIN.
    Nothing that he posted, would lead to this conclusion.
    You may think he lacks compassion, and you would again, be baseless in this claim. But to tell a Christian who is a good steward of the time God has given him, unwilling to waste it on a reprobate, that he is guilty of murder, is to toss any credibility that your argument (I'm assuming is pro longsuffering of fools) has, out of the window.

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and that's why God called you to preach, brother.

Post of the year.

10. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You treat them as any other sinner.

Who am I to choose who to keep the gospel from?

For God so loved THE WORLD... preach the gospel to EVERY creature.

I would deal with them as with any other sinner.. I would preach the law of God and condemnation of sin to them and share with them the sacrificial atonement of Christ and present them with the opportunity to repent and receive Christ.

11. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reach out to all lost people but remember God knows His elect and will draw them to repentance with or without you help. We evangelize for the glory of God.

I actually had a Satanist heckle me a couple of months ago when I was out open air preaching. He did not want to listen and sadly tossed my tracts in the trash. I could not and cannot persuade such types so Usually let them be in their sin until they are ready.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats what I did and what I would do with future Satanists that I meet. Just use the law and let God convict them and He will with his elect.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand where you're coming from but, really, what's the difference between a person who makes an idol out of Satan and someone who makes an idol out of anything else?

The underlying problem with both is that they've replaced God with something else.

The unregenerate say all the time, "I am my own god". That's what we all did before Christ found us.

There's really no significant difference between "I am my own god" and "Satan is my god". Both are sinners. Both are at enmity with God. Both are in need of Christ's saving work.

I'd witness to a Satanist the same as I'd witness to a gossip or an adulterer or a murderer or an idolater.

#14 JohnDeereFan, Dec 25, 2014
  15. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should read the Watchmen by Mark Cahill

and One thing you can't do in heaven by Mark Cahill.

At this point in my Christian life, I do not feel that books will help me anymore on Evangelism.

I'm basically settled on using the Law of God, but I've also learned that there are numerous passages in the bible one can use and many illustrations.. you can preach salvation using just about any one of Jesus healing miracles.

Basically evangelism is about 1. Having a clean heart. 2. Prayer. 3. being sensitive to the Spirit 4. knowing your bible.

16. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well thank you, Prophet. ...I think you were in support of me?

As for the "Matt" I've got him on permanent (Ignore). Now had I actually been in Salem I'd have probable died fighting for those who had otherwise been accused..., but that's another story. Oh well, a perfect example of what fires up my ANGER spoken of in another thread.

...what does come to mind is that long running series...,

The Adventures of Bible Man!

Bible Man; faster than a wagging tongue!
    More powerful than the Holy Spirit!
    Able to leap tall Doctrines in a single bound!"

"Look! Up in the Pulpit!"
    "It's a Prophet!"
    "It's a Spirit from God!"
    "It's Bible Man!"

Yes, it's Bible Man, strange visitor from another Bible College, who came to the Forum with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, weak, struggling men and women in the faith trying to glean Biblical Insights.

Bible Man! Fights a never ending battle to interpret it his way! ...at all costs.

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read those books but the books I recommended are not necessarily evangelism books in and of themselves, but more theology type books. Chosen by God is on predestination which flows around the topic of evangelism. Tell the Truth is on evangelism, but it covers the entire scope of evangelism and helps the reader understand why he witnesses, how to witness, and who is behind the efforts to witness. I would trust a veteran like Metzger over someone like Cahill anyway. Cahill has a passion for souls, but a strong hatred towards Calvinists and Calvinism and all in ignorance. He knows little of Calvinism and contradicts himself often. If someone has a dislike of something its wise to read what they have to say and give a good reason why they dislike, but Cahill fails to do do this.

Bye the way Jordan did you know that Way of the Master has been influenced by Calvinism? If in doubt I can give you a quote of a page where Comfort certainly shows a Calvinism theology of evangelism.

#17 evangelist6589, Dec 25, 2014
  18. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure they have been, but I do not and cannot accept Calvinism.. I just don't see it in the bible.

19. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny, but I can't see how anybody can read the Bible and not see that it is how God works in the hearts of men.

20. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew a guy on another forum who was a Satanist. We used to debate all the time.