1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How has your hunting season been?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Jaco, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Jaco

Jaco New Member

Howdy, I am a new guy here. I saw the topic about hunting and shooting which got me all excited since I am a big hunter myself. The past two years I have taken 3 deer every year, but I only got one with my bow this year. I did take a grouse with my bow which was neat. I also like to do some taxidermy as a hobby. I have done a couple of deer, 2 turkeys and a few other small things. I got a solid black fox squirrel, which is rare in my area, and plan to mount it soon. So, how has your season been, and are you looking forward to spring gobbler season?

2. a_jediknight

a_jediknight Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaco:
    Howdy, I am a new guy here. I saw the topic about hunting and shooting which got me all excited since I am a big hunter myself. The past two years I have taken 3 deer every year, but I only got one with my bow this year. I did take a grouse with my bow which was neat. I also like to do some taxidermy as a hobby. I have done a couple of deer, 2 turkeys and a few other small things. I got a solid black fox squirrel, which is rare in my area, and plan to mount it soon. So, how has your season been, and are you looking forward to spring gobbler season?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't gone out in a couple of years. I have been meaning to pick up a bow and try my hand at it. I think I'll try a simple English longbow first and see how I fare. I saw a nice full recurve for sale in a shop out here...
    But I should probably borrow one and see if I have any trainable ability before I fork out the cash.

3. Grace

Grace New Member

Dad and my brother didn't have a great season (probably some of that was due to the fact that wrestling season is during the same time, and they've been gone every weekend since October)
    They got a couple, but not like normal. But, we still have deer meat in the freezer from last year. (that's all they hunt, except doves)

4. Brian

Brian New Member

I haven't had a chance to hunt this year. Also I just moved and it will take a little time to ifnd a place to go. We just moved out into the country near Graceville fl. In the penut field behind the house there is deer sign every where. But my land lord likes his deer and doesn't want any hunting on his property. So for now we just get to look at them. I hope that Spring Break and spring gobbler season line up this year.
    Any way I hope everyone else had good seasons.

5. cricket

cricket Guest

No dooon't shoot! [​IMG]