1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Important Is It To Get Eschatology Right?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Not sure I completely understand your response to my post since I wasn't talking about Genesis, creation or science, I was responding to the OP and the question of how important is it to understand completely eschatology. But that said I think we are for the most part in agreement. If you read my second post, I alluded to what I think you are getting at.

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. On a serious note, I think dinosaurs were created on day six and lived among man.

2. Why the Bible doesn't say a whole lot about them, I don't know, but it seems that after the flood the world environment so changed, that it became inhabitable for them to continue to live, so we have to turn the fossil records to learn more about them.

#42 TCGreek, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

My answer or what I was trying to say is you can be wrong on much of the history and eschatology and be saved. But it will give way to bad teaching in our schools,seminary and churches. Look at creation and the first 11 chapters of Genesis for a start in our seminaries, schools and churches. So many don't believe in the accounts in Genesis and I talking about professor, and preachers, which gives a much weaker message. I believe eschatology is the same, can be saved and be wrong which will make it harder for your family, friends and school.

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

I realize that most Reform churches do not study The Revelation at all. That is why many Calvies here have fuzzy or no opinion about what happens in the future. Most will say that the next event is Jesus coming back to set up His earthly kingdom which ignores huge portions of scripture regarding, importantly, that there will be a left behind, unbelieving church that will merge into the world religion of AC, Mt 25:1-13, 2Thes 2, Rev 2:22!

And so who would it be that doesn't want you to know this? Not God, right?

The most important issue then would be to discern God's program for the church vs God's program for Israel. Again, anyone looking at one covenant -- the covenant of grace (AKA Covenant Theology) -- is not prepared to study biblical eschatology. The coming tribulation is the consummation of God's dealing with ISRAEL and the 'holy city' (Dan 9:24).

skypair