1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How is it going with windows 10?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Aug 1, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

I still haven't upgraded my laptop computer to Windows 10 yet. I have been hearing/reading negative reviews about the new Windows OS lately, and since I am pretty satisfied with my current OS which is Windows 8, I don't have any plans of installing Windows 10 as of now.

2. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

Most of the privacy issues raised online about Windows 10 at tech sites, forums and blogs amount to FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Denial). Some of it has a small grain of truth but many issues have been blown way out of proportion. I have 20+ years in computer and tech related fields and would be glad to answer any questions people may have.

Generally speaking, if you are upgrading from Windows 8 or 8.1 there shouldn't be any measurable difference in performance or compatibility. You do gain back some control of the UI and get some new features however.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bobbi Jessica

Bobbi Jessica Jesus loves the little children

I agree with some of the comments here. I've done the upgrade, had some problems with one of the updates so far, but don't really understand the point of it. I kind of wonder what the real agenda behind Windows 10 is. The forced use of a password to log in has been a big headache, especially if doing multiple restarts. It messed up my desktop gadgets but after uninstalling and reinstalling they are working ok. I don't particularity like the tablet mode so I don't use it at all. Basically, not much changed for me personally via this new format. Oh and it also removed the free games too, like Solitaire, so I had to go and find some new free ones, but that wasn't too much of a problem. Even though it seems to be working ok, I'm not a fan.

4. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

The forced use of a password is necessary and good for any networked device. If your device is networked and not secure you are open to malicious software and risk your system being hijacked and used against others on networks. Passwords, firewalls, antivirus, all an absolute must.