1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

how is your youth group ran?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by lindz, Oct 5, 2004.

1. lindz

lindz New Member

hey,
    i'm in a journalism class @ school. i'm doing a 5 pg feature article FOR A GRADE and i need to know how your youth group is ran. some ?'s to answer are:

-do you have a youth pastor
    -is it centered on the Lord?
    -does it really help you grow in the LORD?
    -do you go to camps, conferences, and festivals?
    -do you have youth meetings?
    -does your youth pastor depend on the LORD for what challenges, sermons, etc. to give
    -is it a youth group, or is it a close family feeling?

I'll be happy with all answers from pastors, and teens, and even parents! any answers are welcome!

2. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

My youth group has a youth pastor.

It is very much centered on the Lord.

Being in this youth group has really helped my grow in the Lord. It's not just the messages we hear, though that is a big part of it. Mostly, I grow because the rest of the youth group holds eachother up, and we help eachother to grow together. I see that these people don't just say they love God on Sundays. I have seen their lives all the time, and they have really influenced me to love God more.

We go to camp every summer, and conferences throughout the year (several small conferences, and one big conference at West Coast Baptist College in Lancaster, CA every April).

Our youth group meets for Sunday School on Sunday mornings, and we meet on Wednesday nights (which is more relaxed meetings).

Our youth pastor is excellent at leading us where God calls him to take us- and we are always discussing things that have to do with our lives today-the issues we face on a daily basis!

And I do not understand the last question! Sorry! But I hope you do well on your paper!!

Becca

3. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

-do you have a youth pastor?
    My youth group has to part time youth pastors. Unfortunatly this does not work as well as hoped. We are praying that are church can grow enough that we may get a full time youth pastor.
    -is it centered on the Lord?
    My youth group is all about God. That is our focus more, than growth, more than games. We have a very Biblical emphasis.
    -does it really help you grow in the LORD?
    My youth group definetly does. It is such a help when you can have good Christian teen friends to help you in the difficult times. So often the friends of the world will only hinder your walk.
    -do you go to camps, conferences, and festivals?
    My teen group does. We go to Camp CoBeAc, Harvest Fest in Flushing Michigan and Spring Fest at Northland Bible Baptist College and some others. We try not to make these conferences our emphasis though.
    -do you have youth meetings?
    We have sorta have youth meetings on Wednesday night.
    -does your youth pastor depend on the LORD for what challenges, sermons, etc. to give
    yes. My youth pastor only uses the Bible for his lessons he does not use those teen helper books.
    -is it a youth group, or is it a close family feeling?
    My youth has not yet grown into a family thing. I have a lot of young teens in my group so it is difficult. We begin to talk of serious matters and they beign to talk of Sponge Bob. It is hard to have a youth group containing 7-12 there is a huge gap!

[​IMG] hope this helps!
    Matt

4. Grace

Grace New Member

How is my youth group run? (Oh..just a thought..I'm an English major, you might want to change "ran" to "run", especially if you're in journalism...

We have a youth pastor who works with both the youth and college groups. On Sunday mornings, the guys and girls are separated for Sunday School. The reason for this is that sometimes you just need to be separate for more intimate conversations. Sunday nights, the youth group meets together. Wednesday nights, we have small groups. Generally, the college kids are the small group leaders. We meet before small group for a time of worship, and then quietly move to small groups. Small groups are just that..no more than nine or ten people to a group. We have three full time group leaders and several that are back up group leaders in case of having a lot of people.
    Does it help me grow in the Lord? Definitely. I have to study for small group so that I can effectively lead. Our youth group handles deep conversation well. Most of us have been raised in church and have a deep walk with God. Even our friends that come and haven't necesarily been raised in church spiritually grow and mature very quickly. We sometimes jokingly call our church "Bible Boot Camp" because we are known around the area for "training them up and shipping them out."

Yes, we go to camps, conferences, etc. We even do mission trips where we lead camps, conferences, etc.

Our youth/college pastor definitely depends on God's leading for everything-not just lessons and sermons.

Our youth group is definitely a family feeling. Even though there will always be certain groups of people that "get along" better than others, we are still welcoming to new people and are very close. You dont mess with one without messing with the other.