1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How many books are you reading?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

William Shirer's The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich is a good read if you want to learn about the workings of the German government in WWII.

For a good all-around synopsis of that war, B. H. Liddell Hart's History of the Second World War is worth the time.

Both are readily available.

#21 Arbo, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  2. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

There's some murmuring "out there" that Jakes has recanted his modalism. Someone else will have to let me know if they've seen anything of it...

Modalism would make an interesting thread in the theology section...

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

At the Elephant Room 2, he said that he is not a modalist and he believes in the Trinity as is traditionally thought - but then he did speak of one God in three modes so I'm not sure exactly what he believes. It was a good opportunity to finally nail him down and I think the panel really dropped the ball.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mormons hold to 3 sperate gods, while those advocating "3 modes" would see God as being father/Son/Holy Spirit, but as same actor wearing 3 hats for 3 different roles...

He was called Father in OT, Jesus NT, HS now!