1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Many Brothers Read Beth...?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Oct 10, 2007.

1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

The reference to the Greek is okay. It's plugging the English derivative back into the verse that bugs me. Like, "[the gospel] is the dynamite of God unto salvation". Give me a break.

Also, Rick Warren pulled a nasty one when he pointed out that "energeo" is where we get our word "energize", therefore, "It is God who energizes you to will and to do". Bzzzt. Wrong. It is God who WORKS IN YOU to will and to do ["do" also being translated from energeo, by the way]. You can't retranslate the verse based on a derivative word. It's translated "work" not "energize".

2. BrotherBill

BrotherBill New Member

I have read briefly some stuff of Beth Moore in christian book stores, but no not for me either. :type:

3. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

Well...I'm a woman, but I am actually in the middle of Beth Moore's Daniel study right now. This Sunday will be our fifth session of the study, and we actually have one guy that comes to the study with his wife every week and seems to enjoy it. She is very insightful, and I believe she tries her best to be accurate in what she is teaching. She truly loves God, and her teaching reflects that. I have never read the book being discussed here, but I think if Beth Moore wrote it, it is probably really good! :thumbs:

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, I'm a woman, too.....(hear me roar!)

I like Beth Moore's David study. I thought it was really good.