1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Many here Obey God By Praying for President Trump?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once he gets rid of Obama Care, and gets real tax reform, that will change!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What .... that you didn't pray for him. You think BO didn't need your prayers?!? Really, because he came into a presidency that from the beginning was rife with problems.....talk about inheriting a mess.....Iraq war, Afghanistan, Economic downturn.....many unable to find work. So he didnt diserve your prayers--- SEE THE NATION DISERVED YOUR PRAYERS.

You know what brother, I don't see black, I don't see Asian, I don't see Brown, Muslim, White, Red, Blue, Green whatever.......I see people, people hurting....and when I look in their eyes, I see God. God comes to you my friend disguised as your life, as a stranger looking for help....in distress. That's how I view things.

So to conclude....if you want to win this argument then you better ask me if my Nation needs prayer....then I would have to admit that we do indeed require prayer. Trump most of all needs God so yea I'd have to pray for Trumps conversion---all things are possible .... I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My boss in that position would ask "When" then follow it up with having me send a time table / time line. If I didn't do it, then I would be fired. Here we have nothing to bank on, no performance standard, nothing. Just this vapid....Your going to like it when I roll it out malarkey.

Remember I stated it's all about PERFORMANCE. So when are we to anticipate this to happen? Please advise.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The refugee freeze was not botched. No botched military intitiative. His so called assault on the press was needed and appropriate. His comments on the intel community is fine. Just because you or I do not know his plan on dealing with Isis does not mean it has come and gone. He, unlike other foolish leaders, will not broadcast what he will to with our enemies. He has made that clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alternative Facts Baloney

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, that is what I was addressing, alternative facts and yes they are baloney.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you want Trump to fail? God raised him up for times like this, so wouldn't we be better served getting in line with God purpose and pray for the man?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least Trump would not draw a red line in the sand and foget it was there!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump would likely not draw one to begin with. He doesn't project what he is going to do. He will just do it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I m so glad hat he seems to worry about what is best for us, and not try to see if other nations like it!

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are sadly mistaken....it is your INTERPRETATION that is alternative facts crap that you continuously excrete.

Now if you choose to disagree with my interpretation then explain to me & anyone else (in detail) how what I am saying is erroneous. Of course you wont because your Mentor is fraudulent and you just know that so you will move on & not bother with it.....content that you are somehow validated in your betrail of your... ha ha, "Fearless Leader."

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will see. :Cool

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least we now have a President not scared to be president!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which has caused most of Europe to now dispise him. Who has he in fact made friends with (in 30 Days) .....Why Israel, who owes us at least 30 Billion to protect their arses. Oh I forgot, he also has a bromance with Putin. He is battin 500. :rolleyes:

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is shaking in his bathrobe! He listens to idiots like Steve Bannon, Steve Miller :)Alien), Kelly Anne Conway, OMG at least he has generals that are a cut above....who will tell him to go jump in a lake the moment he start railing at them.

Man he is over his head, afraid & outa his league. Go ahead and tell me he is a professional, a leader, a cut above. I don't see it, I see a little spoiled rotten creepy kid who throws tantrums. How presidential! :Cool

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peter was a joke starting out, so was Gibeon, so why not trust God can handle this situation?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Nothing like offering a challenge and the poisoning the well. Not sure what mentor you speak of, there is no way you can know who my mentors are. I support Trump's agenda not so much the man. I also don't care for the over the top no matter what he does he is wrong false garbage being bandied about. I mean you are welcome to your alternative facts but honestly I doubt you can defend them or even really know much about them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me too! By the way....nice spelling.

20. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to confess that I did not pray for Mr. Trump until he became the Republican nominee. At that point I began praying for him and Ms. Clinton as the campaign progressed. I also prayed for Mr. Obama throughout his eight years in office, but was not a fan of his presidency either.

Because I pray for a politician does not mean that I endorse or support anything that they do. Nor does it mean that the person being prayed for will act in accordance with God's wishes. The broader biblical command is to pray for one's friends and enemies, so praying for US leadership is part of that broader emphasis.

I have no expectation that Mr. Trump will willingly yield to God's leading, but perhaps God will engineer circumstances that will preserve our nation. Mr. Trump may will be God's judgment on the church, so we will see what happens.

• Like Like x 1