1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Many here Obey God By Praying for President Trump?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didnt vote for either of the crooks. Scott Walker, now he is someone we should have all supported.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have told you, I pray for him to come to his senses & resign. And your right, he isn't a pharisee. In order to be one you had to display some amount of intellect for which this guy has none.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I never asked for your counsel or advice.....so I really could care less what you think.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember that when you add your three cens to my comments!

Me thinks you can't deal with the truth coming from the Word. If you are in a state of rebellion, I understand, as I've gone down that road too! Thus, I prayerfully rebuke any spirit of rebellion within you my brother, because I do care about your heart, your walk on the narrow path, and your witness to others. Shalom!

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not read every response - but many that I did see - had NOTHING to do with the OP..
    This thread is in the Gen Bap discussions - NOT the political section.

In the OP - Yeshua1 stated: God commands us to earnestly pray for those in leadership over us, so how many here plan to obey God and pray continual basis for God to protect/direct Trump now?

He did not ask for political positions. Simply - will you pray for Mr. Trump
    My answer is YES - and most importantly is that those committed Christians who now surround the POTUS will have the opportunity to lead him to the Lord.

Will you submit to I Tim 2:1-3

5 Ways to Pray for Government Leaders You Don't Agree With

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pray for president Trump regularly as I did for president Obama.

If you don't pray for president Trump because you believe he is not worthy, remember Nebuchadnezzar, a gentile heathen king who eventually was saved and gave honor and glory to almighty God "the King of heaven".

AOBTW None of us is WORTHY.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he is a fellow brother in Christ, how can you pray that way and obey God?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You expect something different? As Christians, our duty is not to glorify Trump, but to glorify Christ, and be in submission to governing authorities.

How many Christians are doing that by getting tangled up in political issues?

God bless.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many political issues are worthy to get into an entanglement concerning e.g. The murder of babies.

HankD

10. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree Abortion is a worthy cause to battle for, but, we don't get "entangled." Most of the political issues we see debated are one and the same Agenda, which is that of Satan, as worked through those who are his children.

Compare the commands in Scripture to obey God, glorify Christ, and live holy...with the commands to get entangled with political issues.

When we preach the Gospel we are combating these issues on a larger fromnt. We can argue and debate with liberals until the cows come home, have a good nights rest, and are milked in the morning...and that will not change the hearts of a single one of them.

Their need is to be born again, not simply change sides of the Political Religious Aisle.

God bless.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong. Some hearts can be turned from committing abortion murder.
    One of my sons worked for CareNet here in WA and it happens, probably more than you know or imagine.
    Many who do not post are watchers on the BB.
    True to be saved (if they are not) is our highest priority.
    Saving the life of a child is next.

Some born-again liberals post here on the BB.

I will NEVER untangle myself from doing what I can to protect the life of children in the womb!
    That includes doing and influencing my representatives to confirm a pro-life justice to the SCOTUS.
    Yes, I pray for these things as well.

But I refuse to sit in my rocker and do nothing which is the manner of some.

HankD

12. MarkMirza.com

MarkMirza.com New Member
    Site Supporter

I've been teaching on this from Romans 13:1-2.
    If the Holy Spirit didn't make a mistake then the person who was in office the previous 8 years is who God put there, and who God wanted there.
    In the same way the person who is there now is who God wants there and who God put there.
    Regardless of the side of the aisle you're on, can you say that you are praying now the same way you did the previous eight years?
    That's about as far as my finite brain can go.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MarkMirza.com

MarkMirza.com New Member
    Site Supporter

I spend a lot of time teaching on prayer, and I've learned, among other things, that the Lord gives us each, different areas of fervency. One person is fervent about something that I am not, and another is fervent about the same thing as me. I love the diversity. Or is a reminder to me that I need my brother, because as talented or fervent I am, I can't do it all. Each of us are used by God.
    That's just my 2 cents.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk