1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Many Of You Still Believe...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by RipponRedeaux, Mar 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here ya go: "

' Former NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine, who ran the agency during the Trump administration, said it's not science or technology hurdles that have held the US back from doing this sooner.

"If it wasn't for the political risk, we would be on the moon right now," Bridenstine said on a phone call with reporters in 2018. "In fact, we would probably be on Mars."

So why haven't astronauts been back to the moon in 50 years?

"It was the political risks that prevented it from happening," Bridenstine said. "The program took too long and it costs too much money." '

- rest of article can be read at Astronauts Explain Why Humans Haven't Returned to the Moon in Decades (businessinsider.com)

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason that truly matters is that God has not ordained mankind to go back to the moon during the past 50 years. Maybe He has not ordained that man go back to the moon or go to Mars. But if He has ordained it, then it will happen.

3. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the rockets did not have the capacity to zigzag. So I don't see how a rocket could possibly avoid going through the radiation belts. The exterior of the spaceships were so thin, no protection was offered to the occupants.

In the 1960s few knew about the Van Allen Radiation Belts. Even some of the astronauts seemed to be unaware of them.

Why would Kelly Smith, a current NASA scientist say that the radiation belts are quite deadly and that at present we do not have the technology to protect people travelling through them?

4. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has not ordained people to walk on the moon in the past, and quite likely has ordained that folks will not do so in the future. There is a line that God will not allow humans to cross, and that is Earth's low orbit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Your premise is wrong as humans have already gone beyond low earth orbit, landed on the moon and walked on its surface.

2) But even if one accepted your premise, how do you claim to know as a certainty that for the rest of mankind's time on this earth that God has ordained that man won't go beyond low earth orbit?

6. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your premise is wrong because humans have not gone beyond low Earth orbit and therefore have not walked on the moon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No reply to my question?

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The short answer to WHY? is …
    • No political benefit.
    • The economic case just does not close (revenue cannot cover cost).
      • This applies to all Human Spaceflight, but most especially to anything Beyond Earth Orbit.
      • Why would you go to the Moon?

10. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still believe we walked on the moon.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW!! That pic is amazing. That astronaut must be at least 18 feet tall, because the LM was supposed to 23 feet high.

And the author of the article said that the USA sent astronauts to the moon between 1968 and 1972. So I guess that makes Neil the second or third man on the moon according to this new chronology.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever watched a field goal being kicked from an end zone view and noticed how "short" 40 yards appears?

Ever heard of Apollo 8. I remember watching it. They didn't land on the moon, but they were the first astronauts to go to the moon and circle it.

@RipponRedeaux your rants are getting more and more whacky. Your need to let this thread go. You are embarrassing yourself.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In six hours your wish shall be my command!

0300 hrs GMT (Sat) / 10 PM EST (Fri) / 7 pm PST (Fri)

14. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why? The number of replies remains far less than other threads that were allowed to continue, as I have said before. And why is it that you, as a participant on this thread are allowed to cancel it? Shouldn't that be done by a mod or administrator who is not a participant?

15. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why have you deemed my post rants? They don't exhibit signs that are characteristic of such.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The policy is to close a thread at 130 posts (w/ a 6 hour warning) there are times that we may not be aware that a thread is at that threshold.
    In addition - after a thread is closed - normally, we have no problem with someone starting a new thread. I would recommend that you do link the old one in the new OP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did a primitive onboard computer, do complex calculations with the NASA computers? How was it possible to have such a precise connection between the LM and the CM? So much so that the LM starting at zero launched from the moon's surface and then was able with exactitude, rendezvous with the CM? It had to be perfect because the CM would travel at 3,000 miles per hour. The connection had to be perfect, without missing even by a nanosecond. It wasn't possible in the late 60s or even the early 1970s. It's not at all credible.

18. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can You Come To Christ On Your Own --Part 2
    145 posts

The Atonement Of Christ :What Did It Achieve?
    157 posts

Can You Come To Christ On Your Own
    224 posts

The above three all ended last month.

I smell something fishy about "the policy."

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize for my characterizations of your posts as "rants". I really meant to call attention to your post #131, to which I replied.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) You should ask someone with the educational background and practical knowledge those questions for your answers.

2) I don't understand lots of things in this physical world. I don't understand how I can speak into a phone and my voice end up miles and miles away - previously over telephone lines and now through the air to another person's phone. I don't understand how electricity can be transmitted over power lines and come to my house and turn on all of these electronic items in my house, such as this computer. I am even typing on a wireless keyboard which turns my clacking keys into letters and numbers and transmits them to a screen, which I can send to this message board and you can read them.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.