1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Many Resurrections In Revelation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Darrell C, Apr 26, 2015.

?
  1. 1

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You can shuffle your feet all you want but John saw souls on thrones not resurrected bodies.

#21 OldRegular, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  2. OldRegular

I suggested reading comprehension in post #9 after you said the following in post #6:

However in post #2 I stated:

So you see you are wrong again. I mention the Second and Last Resurrection in The passage from Revelation 11 and again in the passage from Revelation 20. I still suggest you take reading comprehension or run from the pre-trib-rapture-ready folks!

3. OldRegular

Since revmwc has already hijacked the thread it might be interesting to see what John F. Walvoord, a contemporary dispensational theologian, and former president of the Dallas Theological Seminary has t say about the number of resurrections. The information is excerpted from Major Bible Prophecies, page 376ff.

Seven, count them, seven resurrections and the First Resurrection of Revelation is actually the sixth resurrection and is called the First because it occurs before the seventh. How is that for circular reasoning or eisegesis or twisting Scripture to fit a false doctrine.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Okay, seven.
    But relate that to the OP. How many resurrections are in the book of Revelation?

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted 3.

1. Christ: Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

2. Found in at least 4 verses which I believe will take place at the same time: Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. V5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.V6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

3. The final: Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Side question, If I am correct, which resurrection will the thief on the cross be a part of? Considering:

Luke 23:42,43 and he said to Jesus, 'Remember me, lord, when thou mayest come in thy reign;' and Jesus said to him, 'Verily I say to thee To-day, with me thou shalt be in the paradise.'
    Rev 2:7 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies: To him who is overcoming -- I will give to him to eat of the tree of life that is in the midst of the paradise of God.
    Rev 22:2,14 in the midst of its broad place, and of the river on this side and on that, is a tree of life, yielding twelve fruits, in each several month rendering its fruits, and the leaves of the tree are for the service of the nations; 'Happy are those doing His commands that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of the life, and by the gates they may enter into the city;

#25 percho, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  6. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not surprising you do not address the question nor give courtesy to the request to deal with resurrections in Revelation.

Also not surprising you impose a resurrection in chapter 11 and fail to mention the resurrection and rapture of the Two Witnesses.

This is what happens when one does not follow the sequence given.

Thanks for the participation.

God bless.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the post and keeping the condition of the OP.

I am not sure I would include those in Heaven already, though I do agree the Church is there, but there is no specific mention or detail of a resurrection (i do see john called up to correspond to the rapture in the timeline). Also, I saw no mention of the Two Witnesses. And lastly do you view Antichrist as being resurrected or do you feel that may just be chicanery on his and Satan's part, not an actual resurrection?

God bless.

#27 Darrell C, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol:

"After almost 10 years on this forum I have come to believe that no one can mutilate Scripture like a dispensationalist." OldRegular

It seems they go out of their way to convolute and make it as complicated as possible.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm a little surprised.

I myself would not include Christ's resurrection in the calculations. We see Him, but not the resurrection.

And how would you reconcile that only the dead in Christ are said to rise, presumably Tribulation Martyrs seeing they do not worship the beast? Do you feel the beast in Revelation is symbolic of a general principle applicable to all Church History and does not speak of a specific personage and events?

Thanks for the concise response and keeping the OP.

God bless.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I'm sure there are other threads for you to mock and ridicule people in. Try to find one.

Or is it a goal to get this one shut down too?

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You read the OP. So does that mean you do not feel you have to abide by the OPs request to discuss resurrection in Revelation alone?

You do this in every thread OR.

Abide by the request, please.

God bless.

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe they are possibly raised either upon death (glorified), or they are raised prior to the Great White Throne.

God bless.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please refrain from personal attacks. Some of us would like to talk about the OP.

God bless.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take the position believers will die in the Kingdom. You don't think the above distinguishes between the deaths of believers and unbelievers?

God bless.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed.

But maybe after we concentrate on the OP it might be an interesting side issue.

God bless.

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Irrelevant. While it might be relevant to resurrection we are not given specific detail of their resurrection or lack thereof, thus cannot be calculated into the question posed in the OP.

It does show what the conditions of the Kingdom will be like, though. Conditions which have not been fufillefd yet.

Do you have something relevant to the OP?

God bless.

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting. You expect there will be sinners in the Eternal State.

Context...?

God bless.

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't apologize, my friend. I actually started this thread with an underlying goal of forcing our a-mil antagonists to actually address relevant issues or have their inability to do so...exposed.

;)

God bless.

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It absolutely does, but again, return to Topic.

God bless.

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul saw many souls on a ship...not immaterial persons without substance. A proper understanding of the Scriptural use of the word soul would help you understand there is no Biblical Basis for denying "souls" may refer to glorified saints.

Unless one thinks the Lord formed a body breathed a soul into him, and man became a living spirit.

But that is irrelevant unless we see them resurrected in Revelation.

As a reminder...that is the focus of the OP. You refused to address this in two other threads at least. If you continue to refuse in this one where the OP is specific to that issue, please excuse yourself from this thread and return to one your behavior attitude hasn't shut down.

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.