1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Many Resurrections In Revelation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Darrell C, Apr 26, 2015.

?
  1. 1

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how about the resurrection and rapture of the Two Witnesses in CH.11? That is the only resurrection in the chapter that doesn't have to be read into it.

How about the resurrections that are spaced one thousand years apart? Clearly not the same resurrections.

Only by ignoring sequence can one possibly make the First Resurrection the first in sequence, seeing it is impossible to make the Two Witnesses raptured at the end of the Tribulation.

Let's start there.

God bless.

#41 Darrell C, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  2. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are the one hijacking the thread, but no one here is surprised since you do the same thing in every thread. Doesnt matter the OP. You are consumed and therefore bound. And when you can't doctrinally address the responses you resort to attacking your antagonist.

Its humorous this post is actually the most relevant I've seen yet and you identify it as off topic.

I disagree with the above. There are not seven resurrections in Revelation.

God bless.

#42 Darrell C, Apr 27, 2015
  3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

They will both be raised in the General Resurrection of all the dead as Jesus Christ Himself said in John 5:28, 29:

28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

One of the thieves was saved, the other was not. Both will be raised in the General Resurrection as clearly shown in the above Scripture!

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And thought it might be helpful to point out this is not exclusive to Revelation.

God bless.

5. OldRegular

Don't blame me if you have been brainwashed by Darby's pre-trib-"snatching away" doctrine and, contrary to dispensational hermeneutic of "literal interpretation of Scripture" completely ignore the words of Jesus Christ in John 5:28, 29:

28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please address post 41.

God bless.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My doctrine can discuss all resurrection events.

Yours cannot.

Address post 41. You have disrupted this thread enough already.

God bless.

8. OldRegular

My doctrine is Biblical, yours is not:

John 5:28, 29:

You raised the question and I answered it so quit whining. You have not refuted anything I have said. Furthermore, I did not derail the thread.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about the Two Witnesses, do you see them as men or something else?

Just my opinion but I lean towards Old Testament Saints rising in the Rapture. Abraham is said to be a part of the Kingdom which would imply resurrection and seeing that the Old Testament Saints have been perfected through the Work of Christ (perfection is not glorification) I see them as falling into the category of dead in Christ.

I would add that we do not see physical resurrection when Christ returns other that the Tribulation Martyrs, which could be raised physically only, and live one thousand years seeing men live longer in the Kingdom, but glorification seems more likely.

God bless.

#49 Darrell C, Apr 27, 2015
  10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Address post 41.

Show why the Two Witnesses are not resurrected and raptured as Scripture clearly states. Show how the resurrection that is not present in Revelation 11 (though you read one into the text because through a spiritualization of the text and shoddy cross referencing that also ignores the text's meaning), the First Resurrection, and the resurrection just prior to the Great White Throne are all the same resurrection.

Address it or find another thread.

God bless.

#50 Darrell C, Apr 27, 2015
  11. OldRegular

DC's post #41!

You interpret that passage literally in a book written in symbolic language. You tell me how you apply a literal interpretation to the following passage of Scripture and I will explain the two witnesses to you!

John 6:48-59
    48. I am that bread of life.
    49. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
    50. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
    51. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
    52. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
    53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
    54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
    56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
    57. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
    58. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
    59. These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

Actually it has been almost 2000 years!

I showed you the resurrection that takes place in Revelation in post#2. If you are unable to understand than take a course in reading comprehension with revmac!

From my post#2:

12. OldRegular

Don't be childish. I have already responded to the OP in Post #2. You don't like what I said that is your mistake. But this is a debate forum!

13. OldRegular

The OP!

Post #2, My response to the OP. Notice I show that there is only one resurrection in Revelation and support that by additional Scripture. Notice also that I use no source other than Scripture! No one has yet responded to this post other than denial! I have taken the liberty of providing additional emphasis for those who have difficulty!

!

14. OldRegular

So now the millennial earthly reign is the Eternal State???????:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

15. OldRegular

And I addressed them in Post #2. The thread should have been closed then since the question was answered!

16. OldRegular

You disagree!! You disagree!! Old John Walvoord is probably rolling over in his grave.

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I later posted I forgot to add the resurrection of the two witnesses. The Beast doesn't die revelation 13:3 "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast." The beast doesn't die according to this one of the heads that a nation dies and is healed, wouldn't that be the Roman Empire that was wounded and comes back or another nation is the confederation?

18. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Revelation 20 says that they lived with Him for 1000 years. The only exception would be the unbeliever as I stated in Isaiah 65. The believer who is a sinner at 100 will be accursed. But it doesn't record them dieing, in fact in Isaiah it says a man tills the land and enjoys the fruit and it doesn't become the property of his son or something to that effect I posted it in this OP.

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is explained in the text: eating and drinking is placing faith in Christ's death. The problem is that seclude a portion of text and read into it what you want. You are the determiner if truth instead of Scripture.

Your turn. Show why the Two witnesses are not literally two men who are resurrected and raptures.

Oh so you believe the Lord has returned and we are in the Eternal State.

That is what Scripture teaches. Can't be denied.

First, you are using the First Resurrection for Christ's resurrection which is clearly not the resurrection seen in CH.20.

Secondly, you have been asked specifically about these three distinct resurrections in Revelation. Christs resurrection doesn't take place during the events depicted in Revelation.

Third, you show me the resurrection shown in John, not Revelation.

And lastly you hgavwe failed to show which of the events in revelation that resurrection is and why the others resurrections are not separate resurrections.

In the First Resurrection it is clear unbelievers are not raised. In the resurrection before the Great White unbelievers are raised as prophesied when the First Resurrection takes place.

And the resurrection and rapture we actually see in chapter 11...only two literal men are raised.

Your turn.

God bless.

#59 Darrell C, Apr 27, 2015
  20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amazing. It is your contention there is only one resurrection that is the focus.

You have avoided actually answering the texts and questions posed to you.

As pertaining to resurrection there are without question three clear resurrections: the Two Witnesses, the First Resurrection, and the resurrection just prior to the Great White Throne.

Why are they not resurrections? Despite the fact that Revelation is clear they are.

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.