1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Many Resurrections In Revelation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Darrell C, Apr 26, 2015.

?
  1. 1

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I asked for a literal interpretation consistent with the dispensational insistence on literal interpretation of all Scripture!. You fail! But try again. I will highlight the significant part!

Now the Roman Catholics do interpret this passage literally and get strongly condemned for doing so. I would appreciate if you would remain true to the dispensational hermeneutic in interpreting this passage!

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice try at doublespeak but the record shows you refuting the other member's reference to long life by highlighting new heavens and new earth.

Either you are being dishonest about this or you actually don't know what you believe. Which is it?

God bless.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Here is you refuting a literal Kingdom and equating it to the new heavens and new earth prophesied.

Deny it.

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old Regular, here is revmwc's post I referred to:

This is what your proof texting sought to deny. We see again your refusal to address the whole of anything.

Good bless.

#64 Darrell C, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

misread what you saying sorry!

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your supposed address of the Op has been shown to be a lot of off topic huffing and puffing. You haven't even addressed some simple questions which have been posed to you in numerous threads.

Address them or I will appeal to the staff.

And that is your goal: to antagonize people into emotional responses until the thread is closed.

Address the OP or I will appeal to the staff.

I don't mind debating but you must answer the questions posed to you.

And if you spent more time in study of Scripture than you do the works of men you might see why you can't answer the questions posed to you.

God bless.

#66 Darrell C, Apr 27, 2015
  7. OldRegular

You need a class in reading comprehension or you are deliberately misinterpreting the point I was making to revmac. I believe it is the latter so that means you are lying about me. When you respond to my post #2, including the Scripture from John 6 about the Last Day, and to the passage John 6:48-59 then perhaps we will have something to talk about. Beyond that closing your post with "God Bless" is beyond hypocritical!

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I saw that after I posted. Just working my way through from the beginning.

As to whether the healing of the "deadly" wound results in death and resurrection is debatable. I view this head to be contemporary to the others because this beast has a specific time ascribed to it, 3 1\2 years. This couldn't be historic Rome in my view. I tink the healing of the deadly could possibly be interpreted as a resurrection or it may be chicanery. I'm not dogmatic about it but just say if it is this would make four resurrections I see in Revelation.

I am too limited right now to deal with that issue, lol, so will just for now work as best a a tablet will allow me.

God bless.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I should have clarified that was directed to OR. So I'm sorry too.

God bless.

10. OldRegular

Your questions are based on the false doctrine of John Nelson Darby which he claims were given to him in a new revelation by GOD. I have shown by a single passage of Scripture {John 5:28, 29} that his doctrine of the pre-trib-'Snatching away" of the Church is false. You cannot present a single verse of Scripture showing the pre-trib-'Snatching away" of the Church is other than the machinations of that mind of John Nelson Darby while recovering from an accident. You cannot present a single passage of Scripture defending the heretical dispensational doctrine that the Church, for which Jesus Christ shed HIS blood, is an interruption or "parenthesis" in GOD's program for Israel.

So "sport" it is you who need to spend some time in Scripture. Perhaps GOD will convert you from your false doctrine of the pre-trib-'Snatching away" of the Church as HE has many others who post on this BB!

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have addressed post 2. John is not Revelation.

You believe it is the latter. Can't you ever just speak clearly? You refuted his statement by saying his proof text deals with the new heavens and earth. So clarify.

And usually its only atheists who dislike how I end my post. I won't deny being a hyopocrite, but how is that relevant. lol

Have you ever been in a thread where you didn't resort to evasion, smoke screen, and name calling?

God bless.

12. OldRegular

That is false and you know it. I presented two passages of Scripture from Revelation in post #2 showing the only Resurrection that occurs in that Book.

Then appeal but stop whining because you are unable to refute what I have posted!

So stop whining and respond to my posts or appeal to the staff, whatever turns you on!

13. OldRegular

Pathetic. You imply I am an atheist and then talk about "evasion, smoke screen, and name calling?" You are unable to refute my posts and have a temper tantrum! Either that or your true nature bursts forth!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

#73 OldRegular, Apr 27, 2015
  14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would I give you what you ask for? I gave you my answer and if you think you can show it in error go ahead.

And you are one of the most Catholic people I've seen on this forum. Your eschatology is Catholic. Not sure why you are on a Baptist forum.

Now as I said, your turn. Answer the questions or I will appeal to the staff. Its not right to derail every thread because you are so consumed with hatred. Its not right you refuse to answer simple questions you know reveal your doctrine in error.

Answer the questions posed in post 41, last time I will ask you.

God bless.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't stop whining until you address post 41.

I have appealed to the staff. You are disruptive to conversation.

God bless.

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No implication whatsoever. Just the truth. Usually its only atheists, when they cannot carry on a doctrinal discussion, who resort to how I post, because they can't respond to what I post.

I don't think you're an atheist, I think you're a Catholic. Just a guess though.

Address questions in post 41.

God bless.

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe in the future you could just jump to your summation and save some of us from the runaround. How many locked threads end with this?

God bless.

18. OldRegular

Heh! Sport! I have already said this thread should have been closed after post #2 since the OP asked and I answered. Nuff Said! Saved a lot of whining from you!

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure how stating there is only one resurrection comes close to responding to the OP. I guess its a catholic thing for some to present their truth and make sure there's no discussion that would call their doctrine to account for what Scripture actually teaches, lol.

Okay, I said I would simplify the questions: why do you ignore the resurrection and rapture of the Two Witnesses? The Catholic version falls apart because to spiritualize these men ignores they die and lay in the street.

What symbolic meaning do you impose on this resurrection?

God bless.

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So far the poll shows a higher percentage that have voted see only 1 resurrection. Anyone else who has voted for one...can you show why the other two are not resurrections as Revelation clearly defines them as?

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.