1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Many Resurrections In Revelation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Darrell C, Apr 26, 2015.

?
  1. 1

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me translate this: "My eschatology cannot actually digest all of Scripture so I ignore the parts that conflict with my Catholic eschatology."

Instead of slinking around threads spouting accusations...address the points raised.

Here is a simple question: why isn't the resurrection and rapture of the Two Witnesses...a resurrection?

I guess you lied to me when you said you would answer if I explained John 5. Now is your chance to redeem your integrity.

God bless.

2. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another example if your dishonesty is your view requiring sinners and death in the new heavens and earth. You deny implying that. See post 63.

God bless.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's something else you erroneously teach: that Christ is the First Resurrection of Revelation 20.

What about the believers actually said to be resurrected, BR?

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, since BR refuses to answer any questions, anyone else who sees only one resurrection want to explain why the other two are not resurrections?

And on a tablet so would someone mind posting Revelation 11:1-12?

God bless.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The following is still true! No musings of pre-tribbers will change that!

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not true. We can place each of the three resurrections of Revelation at a specific point in the events which show there is a need for a sequential chrology, not a generalized and spiritualized symbology the Catholic Church teaches:

The resurrection of the Two Witnesses is reasonably placed at the mid-point of the Tribulation because the Abomination of Desolation is not likely erected during their forty two month ministry.

The First Resurrection ("first" referring to the resurrection unto life, contrasted with the resurrection unto damnation, not first in sequence because we see at least two resurrections before this one, Christ and the two witnesses, all three glorified), which takes place at the end of the Tribulation, just after Christ's return.

What is reasonably thought to be a general resurrection takes place, as is clearly written in Revelation 20, one thousand years after Christ's return.

You know it, I know it, and everyone who reads Revelation without the Catholic view knows it.

Your doctrine misleads and keeps people in reliance of an interpreter, a mediator, which at its heart has the same organization which popularized the notion that God has not meant for the average plowboy to handle, read, and understand His Word.

That's why He gave His Word. So we can know that which He has revealed.

I recommend to all that they read the original preface of the KJV, where this mentality was opposed.

Folks the statement that one cannot track the sequence of Revelation is the worst teaching one will ever embrace.

Those who follow the sequence of the Prophecy are not bound by man's doctrine and are not afraid to answer, not just the simple questions, but the harder questions.

So don't let popish people deceive you. Find out for yourself, folks. If after study of Revelation itself, you don't see the Prophecy begin to become understandable, and like all Prophecy emerge in Biblical harmony, well...you will.

God bless.

#106 Darrell C, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Curious, can you pinpoint the verse/passage in Rev where Christ actually sets foot on terra firma?

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The last statement of BR in regards to God giving the world to Antichrist for seven years being ridiculous, well, how long did God allow Eqypt? Babylon?

So the reasoning departs from a long history of God using pagan nations to judge.

However, we can see that the argument itself is laced with error. The Tribulation is never a matter of Antichrist having control any more than the self proclaimed gods of prior nations such as Pharoah and Caesar.

While the god of this world goes on an open campaign, and demands worship, his god and he is no more the Sovereign than he was when he tested the Son of God in the wilderness.

The wrath that unfolds only works within the will of Sovereign God. If Satan and Antichrist were in control...explain those of Israel preserved in the Wilderness for...

...three and a half years.

Disinformation is a tool of Satan, not of God. He reveals precisely what He decides His people need to know.

Always has...always will.

Praise God for that.

So while false doctrine is usually mixed with truth, truth never cowers from direct questions. Truth does not come in the riddles of men who seek power over others because they make a commodity out of truth and seek to enslave men with their truth.

The truth is given out freely to all men and God is the Source.

They direct men to themselves, God directs them to His Word.

God bless.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't need to...that is foretold elsewhere. Zechariah 14 and Acts 1 for example. And how many teachings of Christ teach His return and continuance with His people?

Do we cut former prophecy from a balanced view of Scripture? Or do we include that Prophecy as Christ did? Placing them in an eschatological context as Christ did?

Who's example will we follow? Our Lord's? Or popularized liberal theologians?

Now a simple question: does the absence of Christ setting foot on the ground in Revelation negate His own teaching? The Prophecy of the Old Testament which has not been fulfilled?

Revelation does not give an account of the Sheep and Goat Judgement...do we conclude that is no longer valid teaching?

And I'll remind you that according to Christ...there is no resurrection in that Judgement. Unbelievers go into eternal punishment, believers remain alive.

The only Resurrection we can place at that time is the First Resurrection which, when we balance all relevant Scripture, cannot possibly be the resurrection of the Church described by Paul.

If we make this that resurrection, then only glorified saints would remain. And that is not what Christ or Old Testament Prophecy teaches.

God bless.

#109 Darrell C, Apr 28, 2015
  10. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Where did they follow Him, they are already in Heaven so where do they follow Him?

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Where does this happen in Heaven or where the Armies followed Him?

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Question where are the Beast and the kings of Earth Gathered, on Earth or in Heaven?

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Where were they taken from earth or Heaven?

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

These armies were upon the earth and He slew them while riding upon the Horse, did He do it from Heaven? If so the Armies had no need of following Him did they? With verse 21 alone we see He came to earth.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you're unable to pinpoint in the book of Revelation where Christ actually physically sets foot on planet earth. You don't think that odd?

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Revelation 19:21

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not............

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So...you're unable to escape a mentality that demands of Scripture?

Apparently you feel God is frivolous in what He reveals.

I asked a simple question. What restrains you, my friend?

Your Catholic Doctrine.

Answer the question.

God bless.

15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I guess your not from Kentucky either. Your profile says so but we can't really know. The armies are on earth and destroyed by the one on the white Horse is called King of Kings and Lord of Lords and guess what He destroys them on earth, so he must be on earth, because that is what the verse states. But maybe John meant he was somewhere else just like you profile says your in Kentucky but you may be in Tennessee we just can't use common sense to know for sure.

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would point out the popish tradition of those who seek to keep people from thinking for themselves within the framework of the instruction of the Holy Spirit.

They hate it when we test those spirits.

And we see what happens when we do...we are declared accursed.

There is nothing new under the sun.

God bless.

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you believe there's a Kentucky? Ever been there? I see nothing in the writings of the Church Fathers, which many popish men have submitted themselves to, that speaks of a Kentucky, therefore...

...it cannot possibly exist.

;)

God bless.

18. OldRegular

Do you really believe they were riding white horses from heaven?

Do you really believe the glorified Jesus Christ had a sharp sword coming out of HIS mouth!

Do you really believe the above is a picture of a physical battle between God and the armies of the beast!

Do you really believe that Jesus Chjtist slew the people with the sword in HIS mouth.

How many did Jesus Christ slay with His sword?

#118 OldRegular, Apr 28, 2015
  19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you address the resurrections found in Revelation? I have described three. Will you show why that view is in error?

God bless.

20. OldRegular

It is not there. But I believe there will be a New, or redeemed earth and New heaven where Jesus Christ will conduct the White Throne Judgment, Satan and the unbelievers will be cast into the Lake of Fire, and then the Triune God will dwell with the redeemed of all time as shown in Revelation 21!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.