1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How much is acceptable?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by donnA, Oct 11, 2005.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

How much can you put a person down and it still be acceptable, and not be a sin? Isn't putting people down making hasty judgements about them without knowing about them a sin?
    I don't see how it can be anything else.

2. Roguelet

Roguelet Guest

I think your perception may have been wrong. don't take things so personal, no one is out to get you.

3. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

There is a point to the question however.

I feel in the past I have said things against other people that may have been perceived as harsh judgment. At the same time, I did not know them well. This on my part was wrong and I had to ask forgiveness from them and from God.

So yes, in my opinion putting people down and making judgments without knowing them is a sin.

4. Roguelet

Roguelet Guest

Knowing the thread she is refering too, I did not see where anyone put her down. She took what people said about a subject and " MADE " it personal to herself.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Lets keep personal conflicts out of the public forum please.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Paul wrote in 1 Cor 5:5, "I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus."

Is that judgment?