1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How much money do MV's bring in VS how much money does KJV bring in?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Ivon Denosovich, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you honestly think that the average user of a modern version has the mindset that only their particular version is the only correct one ? I don't think MV users have the "cold dead hands" attitude .

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

That may be the case in America, but not here. I know the Gideons distribute the NIV, and possibly other modern versions too. In fact it seems it is not even the case in America; at least I came across the website of a KJVO church in the U.S. that states that they had "had to stop supporting and promoting the Gideons, who were doing a great work of putting the Bible in hotels, prisons, schools, etc." because "the Gideons have fallen to the pressure to print the newer Bible versions."