1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How much tax do we really pay

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

There are so many hidden taxes in the stuff we buy, rent, whatever that I don't think the total bill can be tallied. For example, when we buy stuff made in Canada there are all kinds of canadian taxes built into the FOB Canada wholesale price.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly, you mentioned rent - you may not directly pay property tax, but you better believe that your landlord passes it on to you in higher rent - and probably a bit more because, if he has a vacant apt, he still has to pay those taxes.

Salty

ps - Bill, haven't I told you before we have to stop this agreeing with each other:smilewinkgrin:

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

According to my Microsoft Money program, I pay somewhere between a fourth and a third of my income in taxes. That does not include sales tax and several of the other taxes listed on that web site. It's TOO MUCH!