1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How much?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by plain_n_simple, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am sick to my last nerve of you telling people directly and indirectly they are not believers. Your posts fall into two catagories, either they do not make sense, or they are filled with false doctrine. Even Reverend Mitchell and I are on the same side when it comes to you.

You should have been banned long ago.

2. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

An unbeliever is someone that is not fully convinced of a particular subject or subjects.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What specific context are you using it in?

4. plain_n_simple

Take some aspirin, I'm prayin for ya buddy.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not need your prayers. I need your absence.

6. plain_n_simple

For example, someone that does not believe that the dead are raised by Pastor X, would be considered an unbeliever concerning Pastor X raising the dead.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop being evasive. Answer my direct question. Just a few posts ago you called someone and unbeliever. Exactly what context was you using it in that post in this thread?

8. plain_n_simple

It's real easy friend, don't read my stuff. WOW! Eye opener.

9. plain_n_simple

Could you give me the post number Rev? So many today, you will have to be specific.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

While you are so busy telling everyone how unsaved they are, you agreed to abide by the rules of Baptist Board which you break every day. Besides your false doctrine, that says tons about your character.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. plain_n_simple

That was in reference to people who are not fully convinced(or do not believe) that Pastor X can do the works Jesus did, today.

It is in reference to a particular subject as I explained in my previous post giving my definition of unbelief in a particular subject or subjects.

It should not be taken as a general reference to a persons overall religious beliefs, covering many subjects.

For instance, if we were speaking of Calvinism, you could refer to me as an unbeliever, concerning Calvinism.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for clearing that up. Just a warning using that reference to people is most often used for salvation and I have never seen it used in the way you are using it. It appears you are using it as a pejorative. If that is your plan that is fine but just know that use of it that way will distract from the subject at hand because folks around here are going to take exception to it and always question its context. They may even doubt your stated context.

Bottom line is its just weird.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No doubt one of these two did the raising.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuQ4SJWECBY

15. plain_n_simple

Oh okay, you mean that people get nervous or offended getting questioned about their salvation because they are unsure or not fully confident?

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See...now this statement leads me to believe that you are not being honest about the use of the word "believer". You want to use the word unbeliever so that you can demonize those who oppose your claims. And in order to defend that you challenge their security of mind with regards to their salvation in order to shut them up and you can continue to use it.

There are posting rules of this board. Most of the time they get administered correctly and sometimes they do not. I can tell you that if you continue to use that word in that way you will find yourself locked out. And folks around here will not put up with you.

#36 Revmitchell, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  17. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Meaning it is against the rules to call someone an unbeliever on this message board. While it may be argued that many here are not truly saved, we are not allowed to make the direct or implied accusation concerning anyone specifc.

Now, you do realize that claiming that all sickness comes from Satan, is counter to Scripture?

Joh 9:1 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth.
    Joh 9:2 And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"
    Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him. (NASB)

If you want to say it is because of sin you could make that argument. Of course, that only works in a general sense because sin and death are a result of sin entering the world through Adam. Some illness, like AIDS, can be from a persons own sin. That is not to say that all illness is from Satan. Sin did not enter the world through Satan, but through Adam.

18. plain_n_simple

I do not understand that. I clearly referenced the word unbelief to a particular subject. Then I stated it had nothing to do with a persons salvation. Beyond that, it's paranoia.

I have a quarter in my pocket.
    It has been there since this morning.
    A man approaches me and asks if I have a quarter in my pocket.
    I say yes.
    He tells me he does not believe it.
    Why would I worry or feel threatened about what some man says about what I absolutely know is the truth?
    I would not.
    The same with my salvation.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This has been reported along with his history of telling people they are not saved. This is the game he/she/it plays. A thread that is controversial is started, bordering on being unScriptural. Then, when he gets reponses questioning his logic, he calls them unbelievers, or of Satan, then backs off saying it is not their salvation, but that particular subject. In this case, it is raising the dead. It has been tongues, words of knowledge, healing, etc..... All are tired of your game.

#39 saturneptune, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  20. plain_n_simple

You need to read what I was referencing about unbelief before you come in on the tail end of a conversation with your face forward sir. Go back and read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.