1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How often do you go to church?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Brad14, Dec 20, 2004.

?
  1. Sunday morning only

33.3%
  2. Sunday morning and Sunday night only

66.7%
  3. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night (Midweek Service)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Brad14

Brad14 New Member

Personally i believe you should be in church Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night or Thursday depending on when you have your midweek service. I was wondering how many agree?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I agree as long as your family is not being neglected...

§ue

3. Turpius

Turpius New Member

can't vote. doesn't have other options. I work a late 2nd shift, so mid-week is out for me. most of the time I only make it to Sunday evening service.

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I voted for the third option, although we don't have a mid week service we do attend the prayer meeting on Tuesday evenings. If there was a mid week service we would do our best to attend.

But it is not necessarily a question of what we think we should do but what we are practically able to do. Some people may not be able to attend regularly, much as they would like to. In that regard I think the poll is too closed.

Blessings

Sheila

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I normally go once or twice a week. Because of a death of a friend of mine, I've been to one church or another 4 times in the past 4 days.

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We always go on Sunday to Sunday School and a long service but on Sunday night we attend an afternoon discipleship class for Nick and don't always stay for the service later. We also always go on Wednesday night and Tuesday nights on the weeks that are visitation.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

We go to Sunday morning every week, most Sunday nights, and I go to women's ministry on wednesday nights, Monday nights I have first Place bible study and weigh in, but it all depends on how I feel too, but we never miss Sunday morning.

8. MaineGospel

MaineGospel New Member

While I believe it is good to be in church as much as possible, I have seen some pastors who were too demanding about this, making you feel you were less of a Christian if you weren't there every time the doors were open.

Personally, on the poll I checked the third option for all services, but this isn't true every week. My job requires me to work two-thirds of all Sundays, and I work day shift, so I am not always able to be in church for the morning service. When I am not working, I am there. I am usually at evening and midweek services.

In our church, there are quite a few Sunday morning only people, but I guess this is true in most churches.

Certainly it is possible to be in church every service, dressed in your Sunday best, but your heart is not right with the Lord (been there, done that), so how often one attends is not always an indicator of spirituality.

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

My problem is that I don't believe we "have" to do anything. I love the Morgan Freeman line in the movie Lean on Me..."I don't have to do anything but be black and die."

I go to church because of my love for God, not because I have to.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

I agree Saggy.
    It should be done from love, on the other hand it does not mean a person loves God any less if they go to church only 1 or 2 times a week instead of 3. Being in church 3 times a week does not mean the person is worshipping God, I've known people who went out of habit just becasue they always had, some have no real idea what worship is.

11. Gib

Gib Active Member

For church services, we usually go 2x on Sunday
    and once for a mid-week service. I remember one Wednesday night. It was the monthly business mtg and choir rehearsal to follow.

Not one deacon, committee member, teacher or
    came. Our interim drove 67 miles one way. There
    will be any given service that no shows. Not very
    often, but it will happen.

12. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Is this about "church" the building or "church" the body of Christ? I only go to the building once a week (usually), but I get together with other believers more often than that. In particular, on Mondays I meet for fellowship and Bible study with the small group I'm part of. We meet in someone's home and not at the church building.

13. AZfiddler_Oct1996

AZfiddler_Oct1996 New Member

In AZ I go to church 3 times a week. In Mexico I go 3 times a week also. That makes 6! [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Dale

Dale New Member

I go once a week for several hours but that is the only service that we have. I believe that Sunday belongs to the Lord and that should come first. I don't see any Biblical mandate for a midweek service, however, when I belong to a Church that had one I went every week.

IMO, every believer should be in Church every Sunday morning....after that it is up to each Church to decide what God would have them to do and each family to decide how much they can atttend.

I will say that Churches that have too many programs can be hard on families, but again, after Sunday, I don't see that there is a specific thing in the Bible that MUST be done.

15. Brad14

Brad14 New Member

As i have mentioned before i believe being at church Sunday morning, night, and whenever your midweek service is, is very important and not to do so is foolish. 2 hours on Sunday morning is not enough compared to the other 6 days you are out in the world being influenced by the world. The midweek service should be a boost spiritually to help through the week. I definitly think daily devotions should be a help though the week as well but that doesn't take the place of being in the house of God.

16. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

I need a lot of church not because I'm so good but because I'm so bad! [​IMG]

17. Kayla

Kayla New Member

the young preacher boy is right! I go because I need the incouragement to reach souls for Christ from our Pastor. And bacause I have a sunday school class of children who need to see their teacher with good attendence so that they will stay in church especially the bus kids. They may only get to come on Sundays but when they do get to come to Wednesday service you need to be there to show them that it is important to be faithful to God's house.

18. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ. [​IMG]

19. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Ps 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.

Ps 84:10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.