1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Safe Do You Feel Today?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 9, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. I still feel safe, but am more cautious than in the past

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. I feel safe, but have concern for loved ones safety

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Nothing I do can change what will happen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. My home is no longer the bastion of safety, I once thought it to be.

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. I feel safe, but do look for signs of danger when out in public

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  8. I have concerns with my children while at school

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. My views on personal safety explained in comments

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    wrong thread.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

My safety is in Christ. He has my back regardless of what happens to me physically.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Give the man a cigar - a voice of reason.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with the sentiment; but if He allowed me to acquire the tools and skills to defend my Wife, myself, and my home; I would be a negligent fool not to use them.

5. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

There is a difference in feeling "safe" and being "afraid". I don't feel safe in a lot of situations (especially with my PTSD). But I can honestly say that I don't feel fear. For three reasons: 1. It's been trained out of me. 2. I've been in a firefight with the Taliban, been in a house fire, and several other life threatening situations. 3. But the biggest is, worst thing that can happen to me is I get sent to Heaven. Not a bad deal.

6. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

This. x1000.

:thumbs:

Keep this up Dconn (I think that is the moniker you are usually given) and you'll be agreeing with me regarding violence yet. :smilewinkgrin:

#26 RLBosley, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  7. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you were in the sandbox, surely you realize that there are results worse than death. A quick death is the easy way out. Being maimed and in severe physical and psychological pain for years is much scarier.

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

Perhaps I should have mentioned Kansas is both a concealed carry and open carry state. I conceal. :laugh:

9. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I can, with all honesty, say that death is scarier to me. As psychotic as that sounds. If I die, I leave behind a family without a father and husband. I am not a great man, but that would be a great loss. Physical pain is temporal and temporary. And they can't mess me up much more mentally than I already am.

10. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Yeah that may have been helpful to mention. :tonofbricks:

But that's OK. It's a process! I open carried once (Out of state - not really possible in Maryland), and still have all my guns actually. You'll get there eventually. :smilewinkgrin:

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AMEN!

What kind of life is it to worry about your safety all the time? What I tell folks who express concern about my safety when I visit some not-so-safe areas in the world is that I'm just as safe there as I am in my house for if God wants to end my life, I don't have to be in any specific "hot spot". He can let a plane drop out the sky onto my house. :laugh:

Worry and fear breed all sorts of bad decision making in everything. Perhaps it is worry and fear that have a lot of Christians angry and making idols out of politics because they want men to "FIX" things and make them feel safe and okay the way they used to feel.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's true. But I think unlike you, more and more folks in the church are living afraid and and feeling unsafe because they are afraid of everything.

:thumbs:

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That that does not sound psychotic at all. It sounds very rational.

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the organ grinder keeps playing...

[​IMG]

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :confused: Pipe organ? :laugh:

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ooooooooh.....

Me thinks this brother got you on that one? I was going to respond in a similar manner, but, you and I don't always click, and I didn't want to get into semantics with you!

Next time stay on topic, and you will escape scathing comments like the one above! :laugh:

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me thinks ....

.... we have a wanna be preacher here, preaching WOF ideals, or A TROLL? YOU ALL MAKE UP YOUR MINDS.....I am just wondering how this person gets that out of this? :BangHead:

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Unreal. Seriously. Your post was all about gun violence and my comment about safety was that one reason I feel safe is because I live in a non-gun culture.

I clearly answered your question. I assumed you would want to know why.

So in order to avoid your perspective of off topic I guess I should only have said 'I feel safe' and said nothing else.

Your comment about gunfights clearly indicates that you don't feel safe as a result. I do feel safe because in this culture my chance of being near a shoot-out is next to nil.

After thinking about it I retract my apology. My comments were totally and absolutely on topic.

20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are those on this board who criticize me for posting polls that don't quite line up with the title of the thread, but, if you read my question, it had nothing to do with "Do you feel safe from being shot, or gunfire?" I simply gave you all an exampe of a recent situation I experienced, and one that took place at a WalMart we frequent. Sure it could be seen as my using gunfire as something to be fearful of, and in all respects, mort murders do result from gunfire. But, I aksed specifically if you all felt as safe today as you ONCE did!

Don't anyone criticize me for adlibing on my poll titles ever again, when people, not mentioning names, can't even grasp the context of the question I really asked.

As for me, regardless of how I could be harmed, or my wife harmed, no, I do not feel as safe today as I did years ago. Some has to do with my being older now, but the truth is, there are so many ways evil can visit us, that I do not feel safe!

There is the growing "Knock out game!" You can be knifed. You can be shot. You can be raed. You can be strangled. You can be beaten to death, r pisto whipped. You can be a victim of a hit and run [especially here in Caifornia]. Terrorists could blow up the bus, plane, train, mal or restaurant you are at or on!

Pick your poison. Do you feel as safe today as you once did? That is the question! I am not asking anything else!