1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Sarah Palin is like the King James Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by stilllearning, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi annsni

Just like you, I am not an historian, but I repeated, what I had recently heard an historian say.

From what I understand, SP had just been asked, what she had learned from the historian that had just been speaking to her and so she repeated what he had told her.

In any case, things were edited in such a way, to make her look stupid.
    -----------------
    But I am not really a supporter of her, I just noticed the similarities between the attacks upon her and the attacks upon the KJB.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

However, is everything that is attacked just like the Bible? I'd kind of put the Bible considerably above anything else. By this comparison, you are making Sarah Palin out to be a god because you are making her just like the Word of God. That's just wrong, IMO. That would be like me saying "Here are the qualities of my husband (then list all sorts of good qualities) and here are the qualities of God (then list the same qualities). Isn't that interesting?" How would that feel? I'd feel that would be somewhat blasphemous. I see the same thing in your OP.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You don't have to read the edits, you can see her comments as she made them.

She deserves the criticism she gets, the Bible does not.

4. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

What you said, may not be all that blasphemous...........
    1 Corinthians 11:3
    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

Genesis 3:16
    Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Ephesians 5:22
    Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Ephesians 5:24
    Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Colossians 3:18
    Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

1 Peter 3:1
    Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

1 Peter 3:5
    For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

1 Peter 3:6
    Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Could we get back to the topic at hand please and not question Ann's honouring of her husband?

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I think EVERYTHING reminds you of the King James Bible. You have elevated a mere man-made translation above the holy content of the Word of that translation and it's turning people off. :BangHead:

And to compare a fallible human being, (and I like Sarah Palin very much), and her fights with the media to God's Word is ridiculous. And I am being kind here.

(And as a side note, if you think that a husband is on par with God, then you have deeper issues than I can handle this early in the morning.)

Stop it. Right now. Find something else to talk about for ONE DAY other than your obsession with the King James Bible as a translation. Just try it. Talk to us about something else for just one day.

7. michaelbowe

michaelbowe Member

I am not a KJV only guy. Actually, I am quite the opposite, I barely use the translation. However, it is a good translation, and to compare it to Sarah Palin...Wow! She has deserved all the criticism she has received. She is under-qualified for her political aspirations. Maybe one day that will change, but so far she looks more and more unqualified, to say the least, every time she speaks.

The KJV is quite different. Some of the criticism from it are from some of the over the top KJV onlyists. I think someone mentioned a example earlier of some of the silliness people will say to prove it is the only accurate translation of the Bible. My personal favorite is from loving church people and yes some pastors who say, "This is the way Jesus talked." Yes, that argument is still there. However, I digress....

Sarah Palin is nothing like the KJV. The KJV is a wonderful translation that has its validity and many churches and pastors will use nothing else! I am perfectly ok with that, it is a good translation and still conveys the message of God. Sarah Palin has no clue what message she is conveying. There is no comparison.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said it perfectly.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's close this absurd thread up.

10. sag38

sag38 Active Member

This is nothing but another example of some folks sad and ongoing attempts to turn the KJV into some sort of martyr. "The poor poor KJV, victimized by unnamed people who "hate" and want to see it destroyed." Will this never end? The only victims I see are those who have become enslaved to the KJVO lie and those of us who have to endure their endless whining and ridiculous threads.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am closing this thread. Either it demeans an excellent translation of God's word or it elevates a politician to nearly godhood status. Either one is wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.