1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How serious do you take this board?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by go2church, Jun 20, 2003.

1. bapterian

bapterian New Member

The BB is fun, interesting, and educational. I learn alot from other believers.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've found that there are way too many hyperfundamentalists that make the rest of us feel like we're not "true" Christians, or some such tripe like that, just because are views aren't of the extreme right nature.

3. Graceforever

Graceforever New Member

Absolutely, brother Bob…. These are real people here with wonderful ideas, interpretations, and the people on this board are very knowledgeable in the scriptures… Most important, they're like minded Christians as myself, who love to study God’s word….. They're preachers here, exhorters here, praying Christians here, and people with real problems here…

If fact this is the body (the church) of the Lord Jesus Christ… These are my brethren and my sisters…. I will treat everyone here with respect, and treat them like how I would like to be treated…. I will pray for you and I fully believe that someone out there will be praying for me…. Because, believe me people, I need your prayers…. These are the last days that we’re living in, and Satan roams as a lion, seeking whom he may devour….. [​IMG]

4. dherder

dherder New Member

As a newcomer, I'd have to say that this board seems like a great vehicle for sharing information and for listening to other perspectives. It seems to be buzzing with meaningful activity, as opposed to struggling through meaningless flame wars.

I look forward to logging in and feeding regularly. Anybody seen the waitress? I need a refill on my sweet tea.

David

5. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

I have learned a lot from this board. I will continue to visit and learn. I even post sometimes. This is part of my education. As a seminary student, I want the exposure to the different veiwpoints.

6. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take this board too seriously. The exchange of ideas is great, but it is too easy to get caught up in things on the board and it effect your demeanor in real life.

Jason

7. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I take the conversations that take place in this place like I take any conversation in real life...with a grain of salt. I consider the source, consider what I know...and take it as seriously as it warrants.

Mostly I stay in the All Other Discussion Forums because I'm not here to be serious. I'm here primarily for fellowship.

8. preacher

preacher New Member

I used to take it very seriously, till I had been around awhile. I've had to learn that this place is just like the real world with all it's elements. Been helped some & been cut to the bone some. Met people I like here, met some that...well, you know.

9. Singleman

Singleman New Member

I can't say that I take the board all that seriously. There are certainly many here whose sincerity and knowledge far exceed mine. I appreciate their insights, although I often don't comment on them. Unfortunately, there are also many here whose peculiar theological views and agendas often ruin what would have otherwise been useful discussions. I enjoy meeting people with different perspectives, but if these people judge those who disagree with them as inferior or contemptible, then entering into dialogue with them serves little purpose.

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I take some threads seriously but others are just for fun. I've been online long enough to know that just because people post on a Christian site does not mean they are Christian's are act Christ like!

Diane