1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How sufficient is the Lord’s blood?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by stilllearning, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello Hank,
    With these verses that get quoted often, that use the word world,all,many,etc. The first question to ask is,
    Is the whole world saved?
    Are all men saved?
    The scripture does not contradict itself.So go to the clearest verses first;
    .....not goats

[QUOTE13The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. ][/QUOTE]
    no verse can contradict these clear statements...ever.
    So when anyone comes to a different conclusion their teaching is suspect.

in verse 26 Jesus says......you believe not, because you are not my sheep. That is the reason they do not believe......only the sheep can believe .

These goats are part of the "world". They all in Adam die. Do you see this? They did not need a clever story, or one more sermon.They were not going to believe.
    Looking for lost sheep....in Israel......not the goats.

and again,more from mt 10
    in verse 14...they are goats

After pentecost, it goes to Israel,then samaria, then gentiles, looking for the sheep.

2. calvin

calvin New Member

i would agree with much of this. i believe it is Gods will, that all men come to Christ. i further believe it is more biblical to tell people i am redeemed by Christ blood, and am working out my salvation with fear and trembling. i believe salvation is a process, not a one time event, and i will not be "saved" until im on the other side. even creation is redeemed by Christ attoneing death, and groans for his glorious appearing..fascinating stuff. :type:

3. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hello calvin

This is my first time, to visit with you. Welcome.

You said........
    The first Scripture that came to mind after reading this, was........
    John 5:24
    “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

If we equate “salvation” with eternal life, than we have it, the moment we believe.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. These assurance verses are all a great comfort to me as I now know after the fact that I was in darkness, hopeless, helpless until He sought me out, found me and saved me.

HankD

5. calvin

calvin New Member

notice it says, shall not come into condemnation. it says shall, that is a future reference. if you die at the moment you receive Christ, then yes, i would say you are guarenteed heaven. but if you die in a state outside of Grace, by having unconfessed sin on your heart at the time of death, you can end up losing all. lets say a man has received Christ, he is trusting in the blood for his salvation. lets say that same man, at a point of weakness, in the very act of commiting adultry, dies during this activity, with no repentance? is this guy saved? or are we saying that people who have been washed in the blood of the lamb, never sin? Peace :wavey:

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is either salvation by grace through faith or it is by works. it is not both. The Law was give through Moses. Before the law men were lost even without the law. They were saved by grace through faith just like we are today. They did adultery after being saved and did not lose their salvation. The law of Moses has no ability to cause someone to be lost and it has no ability to cause someone to be saved. There has only been one law to cause us to be lost and that was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The tree is gone. We cannot become lost after being saved because there is no law to unsaved us.
    Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.

There is no law left to unsave us. Adultery, murder, homosexuality or what ever does not cause us to be lost. Only the tree could do that and the tree is gone.

#26 freeatlast, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
  7. stilllearning

Hello again calvin

You asked........
    Well the passage said.....
    John 5:24
    “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

And the “shall not come into condemnation” part(as you put it), is both present tense and future tense;
    After we are saved, we will not face condemnation! (Our sin can’t condemn us!)

So yes we may sin, yet "all" of our sin has been forgiven(so it will not condemn us).
    Yet, if we don’t “deal with it”, by repentance(1John 1:9), it will effect our eternal rewards.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about renouncing & cursing God & the HS

9. calvin

calvin New Member

what are the rewards that you are refering to? are you saying a man who dies, while committing a grevious sin, will be welcomed into the kingdom of God, with open arms? that teaching seems like thin ice to me....dont think id want to put that to the test. Peace :praying:

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Again there is no law given that can cause a once saved person to become lost again. If a person who claims to be saved renounces God and returns to their sinful life then they were never saved according to scripture.
    They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes if a person who is really saved dies while sinning they will be welcomed into the kingdom of God. Now it certainly is not the best way to meet the master, but they will be accepted because we are not saved by law keeping. Also the law of Moses had no provision to cause someone to be lost. All it did was bring blessings or cursing for this life and point out to the person if they had been saved because a lost person would not keep the commandments.

Calvin let me ask you to do something. Go here http://www.gerald285.com/index.php?p=1_5_Salvation-Tests and listen to the message called "Evidence of a true believer" I think it about 20 or 30 minutes and it makes things more clear.

12. stilllearning

You asked......
    The rewards we will receive, for faithful obedience to our Lord......
    1 Corinthians 15:58
    “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”

Yet not all Christians will be rewarded.....
    1 Corinthians 3:14-15
    V.14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    V.15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

--------------------------------------------------
    You also asked..........
    Yes, this is what the Bible teaches.
    True salvation, is not based upon our lack of sin, but our acceptance of Christ.

And no, I do not plan on being in an act of sin, as I die.

13. calvin

calvin New Member

if it does not matter in our salvation, then why not be in a state of sin when you die?what will it matter in the scheme of things? how do you square this with what the bible says of those not doing what the Lord commanded at his return? that they would be assigned a portion with the unbeliever and the heathen? and that those who do such things, have nothing to look forward to but smoke and judgement? not to mention that it is written in revelation, that outside are the dogs, one of those, is adulterers if i am not mistaken. unrepentant people cannot inhieret the world to come. sorry, its not biblical. and someone reading this, may just say to themselves. hmm...i believe in Christ and his shed blood, so if all im gonna lose is some rewards, then im gonna be with my neighbors wife tonight. this does happen with those who believe, as well as those who do not. it is dangerous to think that you could die in this state, and end up in heaven. the stakes are way to high. Peace :praying:

14. calvin

calvin New Member

again, James would disagree with you. no we do not follow the law of Moses, but we do have to follow the law of love. i would not want to put this theory to the test myself. i woudl rather not fear men, but fear him who can consign both my body and soul to hell. the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. true believers can and do commit grevious sins. if they die while involved in those sins, (and it happens) i dont see how, such a person can be welcomed into heaven. all the scripture dealing with this, seems to disagree with your view my friend. Peace :praying:

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Calvin the reason why we are not in the state of practicing sin after salvation is because it is impossible for us.
    1John 3:9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practice) sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.

if any person is practicing sin they are not saved (never been saved) To practice sin means that it is the persons habit. In other words it is not a shock to hear or see a sinner sin, but it is a shock to see or hear a saved person sin. It is not the practice of the believer to sin as a manner of daily life.

#35 freeatlast, Jan 26, 2011
  16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

First off it is not about me or my beliefs. it is about scripture and I gave you clear scripture. What passage in James are you speaking about?

17. mets65

mets65 New Member

Even after salvation we sin every day many times.

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No we all do not sin every day. While that may be a very comfortable doctrine it is not biblical and needs to be turned from for the Christian. We all sin from time to time, but not all sin every day and more then all sin every second, or minute, or hour. There is no command to get our sin in for the day.

#38 freeatlast, Jan 26, 2011
  19. mets65

mets65 New Member

So you're telling me you have days where you are perfect? I know I will never be. That righteous.