1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How to conduct myself at my new job?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, no. If you do a great job at everything you do, they will not care if you do not fit in, as long as you do not cause trouble. Trust me, employers value a good worker.

You can chat with unbelievers, you can even tell them you are a Christian and what you believe. But if they do not want to talk about Jesus, let it go, do not be pushy. They will not tolerate you trying to preach at work. And they certainly will not tolerate you telling co-workers they are sinners, even if it is true.

Edit- I should have said, save chit chat for breaks. You are not paid to talk. During work, do your job and keep your mouth shut.

#21 Winman, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
  2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really??? I have a friend whom had a sales job and part of the job was to have sales meetings in bars. My friend did not want to meet there due to religious reasons. They did not accommodate him, and he had to find another job.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

What does your current job require you to do that is a problem for you?

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing at all. I am fine. Sadly the gal that was training me got let go. She was a very friendly gal, however the inventory was often very messed up, and lots of mistakes.... They seem to like me so far, and I worked 10 hours today without a break. I will also show up earlier tomorrow. Someone said for me to to take my breaks, however not sure if I can keep up with the load. So I am giving it my very best. If I get let go I will have a good conscience as doing my very very very best.

However in a way I do miss the laid back atmosphere of my old job. I had emotional connections with a few there and we enjoyed ourselves while we worked. Work was not just work, but also a way to have fun. Oh well...

#24 evangelist6589, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
  5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rejoicing With You!

This is goooooooood news....I think you just need to be who you are, and let God take care of the other things! You will do fine! :applause:

6. DocTrinsoGrace

DocTrinsoGrace New Member

I don't know that I can shorten what I wrote. Perhaps if I restate it: a'Brakel's two essays were helpful to me. You have a new job. Perhaps his two essays will be helpful to you. See the two essays as posted. The essays were Biblical studies concerning being a Godly superior -- that is, a virtuous boss; and being a Godly subordinate -- that is, a virtuous worker; i.e., how to conduct oneself in a job as unto the Lord.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Savvy?
    You were complaining that the workload was too much for one man.

8. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I see a lot of don'ts, List some of the do's.