1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How to Listen to God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 26, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOTE if you cannot answer this post objectively and academically I will ignore it.

Gang has anyone read this book? http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785264140/?tag=baptis04-20

I have heard some say that Stanley is advocating a sort of charismatic theology and mysticism and that one needs to make dreams, visions, and experiences more reliable or as reliable as the Bible itself. Based on his other books he does not teach that, but I am not sure of this one so instead of reading bloggers, I need to check out the source myself. If you have read the book please respond. If you have read a blog on Stanley do not respond. Thank you.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First the op was not done academically. Second more pastor bashing I see.

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Again this is the USUAL you! Insults with nothing positive to contribute. He was very clear and very simple in his request, why not simply honor it instead of complain and use it to gouge??? Such is not the Spirit of Christ.

Now on a positive note - I have not read this book but would be interested in reading the comments of those who have.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give Biblicist a big AMEN.

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read it years ago. I thought it was an excellent, practical book.

The charges you cite that Stanley is "advocating a sort of charismatic theology and mysticism and that one needs to make dreams, visions, and experiences more reliable or as reliable as the Bible itself" is a complete and utter falsehood.

I am not a huge fan of Charles Stanley for other reasons, but the charges of mysticism are completely false.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I await the arrival of the book and to learn from it. I usually can get something from his books as he writes very simply and I like that. Not sure where those that have made those charges against Charles got their information, or maybe they misunderstood him, or most likely read what a reformed blogger said and believed it as the gospel truth.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev Mitchell desires ATTENTION and when people reply to his posts he gets that. I am surprised he is a "rev" or "pastor" and this amazes me. I find it easier to ignore him as he is not worth the time of day. I suggest others do the same and soon he will stop. When people reply to him he gets attention, so no need for that.

8. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good advice