1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How to make your church GROW a.s.a.p!!!!!! Must Watch!!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Apr 25, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen.......:godisgood:

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

God makes a church grow, Isn't it acts 2 where He added 3000 in 1 day to the church.

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amusement, etertainment and music in and of themselves is not sin nor forbidden in scripture.

Each format must be discerned as whether or not it is acceptable and pleasing to God.

Is the music praising God, especially Jesus Christ?

Is the etertainment clean and void of sinful undertones?

Does the effect of the etertainment and music draw people to worship God or does it merely give them a warm fuzzy feeling?

Is the etertainment and music sincerely presented to draw people to Christ and the worship of God? Or is it simply meant to draw numbers for prideful purposes or money woes?

Rom 12:2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Prove all things. Music and etertainment is fine if the intent is to glorify God and scripture is not violated.

Here in the heart of Pa we have Amish who take this scripture to the point of rejecting electricity and cars so they ride around in horse and buggies to this day. Adam and Eve did not have a buggie to ride in so I wonder why they don't reject buggies as well? The answer is they are lacking discernment as to just what Paul means when he says "be not conformed to this world".

Jam 4:4Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Here again the scripture requires proper divide and discernment. "A friend to the world" is speaking directly to living in sin as do the unbelievers. Not that because the world has a bake sale then Christians should not have a bake sale. Or the world holds etertainment events so the church should not hold etertainment events.

Col 2:8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Amen! "and not after Christ". If the etertainment and music is not geared towards the worship of Christ and the drawing of people to worship Christ then it is vain and should not be done as a "church" event.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Amen! This should be done ALWAYS. Regardless of the etertainment or music (which must be holy) the word must also be preached for the very reasons in this passage of scripture. Also for the sake of the lost that may have been invited to the etertainment or music the gospel must be given for faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

And then may the Lord add to the church those who would be saved! :godisgood:

God Bless! :thumbs:

6. trustitl

trustitl New Member

How to make your church GROW a.s.a.p!!!!!! Must Watch!!!

With good "old fashioned" dial up I don't even try watch things I need to download. But I do know that people are learning new ways to "make YOUR church grow". But as far as God's Church...

I Cor. 1
    20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

And I will add: "and the Americans require a lot of audio-visual stimulation". Thankfully the weakness of God is stronger than men and people can hear from God is spite of all the hoopla. Sadly, many are being deceived by the feel-good churches and the shows they are providing.

I will go with Paul's methods:
    I Cor. 2
    "4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."

7. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen! It took me about 10 minutes to get this short video. I usually just skip these "watch this" threads.

God bless! :thumbs:

8. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

It is our job to sow seed and water seed. God brings about the increase.

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have come tp a point in my life and experience where I have come to regard Christ's Word, "Where two or three gather together in My Name, there I shall be", not only as God's Word of comfort, but also as God's Prophetic Word: Here, and So, shall the Body of Christ's Own be, and no longer elsewhere or otherwise.

I hope I am wrong; for I so loved the Communion of the Saints. I would be most pleased if God would show my wrong. But I don't know how He is going to do it, if He is.

In the meantime God's Word is my comfort, my peace and my enjoyment. This I say from experience.