1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

how to remove books from kindle

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by thjplgvp, Mar 2, 2013.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I purchased my wife a kindle white reader for Christmas. I also downloaded many books I had on my old Kindle. She wants to remove the books that are of no interest to her but the problem is I see no way to do it and when I seach I get a bunch of sites that are stealing the search question and wanting to sell what ever it is they are pushing. Does anyone know how to remove books from kindle?

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not familiar with your rig but there is usually a way when you highlight a book to delete it, you can look in the menus.

On some rigs in the settings there is a return to factory that completely resets the unit. This will wipe it clean of all books.

Amazon should have some help on their site and or have the manual available. Actually the manual often comes installed on the unit. Google for your model followed by the word manual, you should find it that way as well.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

On the Paperwhite, you can go to the homescreen, find the book, put your finger on the book and hold it there until another menu comes up. On the bottom of that menu, you will see "Remove from Device". Just press that and you're good to go! It may ask you to confirm that you want to do that but that's how you go about it.

4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

ah, thank you I tried tapping it but of course that just opens the book up. Very helpful thanks a ton.