1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How to share my faith?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by growingNfaith, Sep 25, 2003.

1. growingNfaith

growingNfaith New Member

hello, I'm 18 years old,I got saved about 2 months ago I just wanted to know whats the best way to share my faith with others. Thanks

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Here is a GREAT way and you learn and become comfortable at the same time.

CLICK HERE to see an easy way to share Jesus!

I have the bracelet and had our kids make them during Bible School. I've used it to witness to over 300 people.

Diane

3. The Harvest

The Harvest New Member

the best way is just to explain to your friends what happened to you when you got saved. how it has made a difference in your life.

you can also use tracts. they are one of the best methods for witnessing. chick tracts are great because they are in cartoon format and people just can't help but read them. you can see them online at www.chick.com and you can order them too. if you want free tracts, you can get them from the Fellowship Tract League. you can read their tracts at this website.

http://www.acm.ndsu.nodak.edu/~nuconque/tracts/ftl/e/ftltrac.htm

and order them here

http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/index.html

get yourself a pocket-sized new testament and memorize verses like...

Rom 3:23
    Rom 6:23
    Rom 5:8
    Rom 10:9-10,13
    John 3:16
    John 3:36
    1 John 5:13

just to name a few. you don't have to memorize them, just write them down in the front of your NT and look them up and show them to people. it's easier than you think. the Holy Spirit will lead you.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did YOU get saved?

You heard/read the Gospel message
    The Spirit of God worked in your heart so
    You turned from your sin
    You trusted by faith in the Savior
    You know that you are now a child of God

So if you just tell someone to "believe" or "trust Jesus", you are short-circuiting the steps YOU went through.

I suggest that you concentrate on sharing the wonderful Gospel message with your friends and family. Allow GOD to convict and convince them.

Also, just share what happened to YOU! Giving out the Gospel is just like "one beggar telling another beggar where to find bread". But remember, let GOD do the work in their heart, not you!

Hope that helps.

5. growingNfaith

growingNfaith New Member

Thanx every body, you all were a big help.

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Hey, gnf,

Welcome to the family. First of all, I just wanted to warn you to stay away from the Chick tracts. A lot of people find them offensive and that can defeat the purpose of sharing God's love if you hand them a tract that's so unloving.

Primarily, there are three pieces of advice I would give you as someone who's been there and made all of the mistakes.

1. Just to be yourself and share what God's done for you. Don't try to manufacture opportunities to share the Gospel. Just be yourself and let God lead.

2. Don't be intinidated if you don't know all of the answers.

3. Don't feel like you have to save everybody. It's not your job to rack up numbers or notches in your Bible, it's your job to be Jesus to the world. If you will just show grace to those you come in contact with, the opportunities to share the Gospel will fall into place when God is ready.

[ October 03, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Mike McK ]

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    AS Pastor Dave says