1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How to treat a local Word of Faith Church?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Evan, your former pastor had his own spiritual gifts and calling from God. He also had his own way to relate to people.

I'm not so sure that his way of doing things need to be your way of doing things. I'm just trying to maybe open your mind to that line of thought. You cannot be him. You can be you...and God can use YOU.

I'm not certain how one would initiate conversations with a WoF pastor and get them to listen OTHER THAN getting them to read the Bible. One thing I hear consistently from testimony is that Godly men and women will ask questions that drive cult members to the Bible. Remember, WoF people BARELY hear Biblical sermons....the "sermons" they hear are always about the preacher and his life experiences.... in other words, WoF people hear a "sermon" that really doesn't talk about the Work and Person of Christ.

I said all that to say this: perhaps the best way to evangelize WoF members is to give them what they DON'T get: Bible time. If they are engaged with questions that cause them to open the Word, God will talk to them.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am quote sure you are feeling something but it is not the Spirit of God.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's put the shoe on the other foot, shall we? Say you receive a call from this woman, and she starts asking questions that obviously indicate she thinks you're wrong, and there's every indication she's going to try to correct your "error."

Would you appreciate such a call?

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would welcome it for it would be a time to minister to them, just as long as they do no attack me personally but go after my arguments. There are plenty of books in apologetics and plenty of scriptures that encourage engagement in polemics.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually he encouraged us all to do what he does and model his example. Maybe you need to read various books that encourage engagement in apologetics and polemics. I am not him as he was a better apologist than me, and he was not a street preacher nor street evangelist.

I made attempts to reason from the scriptures with the lady but she misread & misinterpreted lots of verses. No I was not going to recommend any book because I know she would not read it. All the books do is help me understand the Bible and make better arguments. I trust in God's election and that its not about me but about Him. God opened the eyes of a Christian scientist I witnessed to a month or two ago and He can open the eyes of a pastor, however often they are very blinded and set in their ways.

#25 evangelist6589, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Your name, personal info, and even pictures of your wedding are all over the internet and takes about 3 and 1/2 seconds to find. I am guessing just about everything about your wife is out there as well, since this is not the only forum you complain about your wife on. You have issues that you need to seek professional help for.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to mention a dating web site where they are matched up with potential dates.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Really??? I will look into this. DO NOT POST THIS PUBLICLY.

Darn computers and hackers these days. Privacy invasion no doubt.

One reason I prefer to use a standard digital camera and a tape based camcorder over a stupid phone that will invade my privacy.

9. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Seriously? Hackers? Invasion of privacy? Cell phones? You use the same forum name, EVERYWHERE? Using Google is not hacking. You link your YouTube channel in your forum signature. It has personal, identifiable information including cities lived in, name, etc. With a one word Google search your entire history is shared with the planet from wedding photos to hobbies and preferred TV show watched. No hacking required. Digital camera and tape based camcorder? You post said digital pictures on publicly accessible websites without using the security settings.

For the love of all things good and decent, please be a troll.

10. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I won't post any personally identifiable information, but a Google search of your user brought up pages of things.

6' 0".
    Did a weight watchers challenge in 2011.
    Wear glasses and have (had?) a little black and brown dog.
    Posted on: kingjamesbiblebelievers, trekbbs, bibleforums, frogforum, twitter/financialblogr, reptilesmagazine, thecalvinistcafe, mac-forums, iPhoneforums

You use a Mac, which overheated when you ran Outlook.
    You had issues with iChat in 2004.
    You discovered a "Major Bug" in iOS 7 in 2011 on your iPhone.

All this just from typing your user into Google. It's not hacking.

By the way, cool baby toad.

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If airing in public what you believe to be the personal failures of your wife is not humiliating, then what do you think is?

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I never mentioned my wife's name, so I haven't humiliated her."

I gave it a shot. Back on ignore. This guy makes my brain hurt.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What an odd thread. Randomly calling churches to show them their errors?

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IN describing this I believe Forest Gump said it best.....

15. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I'm not going to use your real name, you gave us a link to your facebook page years ago (or else you gave us your real name - I don't remember which).

But I do remember looking at your facebook page years ago. I happen to remember that since you've married since then that you might have a picture of your wife and I just now looked at it again. You and your wife's name and picture and hometown are there as well as a link to her facebook page. By-the-by, she is very pretty and I'm glad to see that you have maintained the weight loss. The picture of the two of you on HER page is really and good one. You need to frame that one.

As someone has said earlier - you use the same two user names all over the internet (and I do mean ALL over).

There's no hacking here. No stalking.

Just a man who has posted on forums over the past decade of all kinds from health, to computers, to dating, to religious topics, and more and has used the same two user names (one of which contains your real first initial and last name).

It literally takes seconds to find you on google.

Remember, once it's on the internet - it IS public - it's there forever and it takes literally seconds to find.

I regret things I've said on the internet (overheated discussions, dumb statements, and more) but it's there forever!! *LE SIGH!!*

We aren't freaks here who want to harass you, but you might want to be careful what information you dole out from now on. Maybe even changing your user names if you start in any new sites.

Your life is an open book. So is everyone else's who puts too much info under the same name all over the internet.

16. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Read that well Evan. Develop your relationship with Jesus, stop asking strangers.

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop!!!!

I am requesting this thread to be closed. I have my FB set to private so that no one but friends can see my public info. How others can see this is beyond me, and FB is not known for their privacy genius.

http://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/facebook-privacy.html

Also on that photo sharing site I deleted any photo of me and family personally, but for some out of this world reason they keep on re-appearing.

STOP POSTING INFO ABOUT ME PUBLICLY!!! I SAID STOP!!!!

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed

Moderation I request this thread to be closed.

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    closed on request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.