1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How will God reconcile believers in heaven?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 1, 2017.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many believers are divided against each other over secondary issues and many believers have been offended by others and so they do not speak with each other. I for one will not step foot in a IFB church again for various reasons. So how will God reconcile believers in heaven? Will He wipe our bad memories? Or will we have them but just look at them differently? This is a tough question but as you know christians are very divided against one another these days.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we will have a greater capacity for understanding, and with that, compassion. I think we will look at some of the squabbling that takes place down here and...understand our own error, lol. In other words, most of it will be understood as trifling.

Now, if we could just gain that perspective down here...

;)

God bless.

#2 Darrell C, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we all get to heaven and glorified, all of our sin natures are forever dealt with, and this having fully the mind of Christ, will forever love all of each other as he now loves us!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The nearer we draw to our Saviour, the nearer we draw to each other.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think there are some issues with the question and assumption. First we are told this;
    Mat 6:14,15
    For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
    But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

By that I am of the mind if we die in un-forgivness of another we are not forgiven.

The second thing is I think there is not nearly as many Christians as many think.
    Mat 7:14
    Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and FEW there be that find it.
    Mat 7:21-23
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

What I can tell you with some certainty is that there is NOT going to be any division in heaven. The real problem is being very sure we are going.

Now that being said I feel I need to explain how to get there.

Contrary to what some claim we do not get saved by asking Jesus into our hearts, praying a so called prayer of faith, accepting Him as our personal Savior, being baptized or confirmed, confessing our sin, or belonging to a church as the bible never teaches those things for salvation. Nor do we get saved by cleaning up our lives as that is works. Yes any or all of those things may make the church roles fat and the preacher feel or look good when we come forward, but they can also cause us one day to hear, I never knew you.

Salvation takes repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Acts 20:21. Make no mistake. We cannot be a friend of Christ while remaining a rebel against God. The word repent, from the Greek word metanoia, means a change of mind or direction. It is not 50%, 75% or 99%. It is 100%. God is not interested in us almost repenting. It is like the command “about-face which is a 180 degree turn. When any person comes to the point in their life that they are broken over their sin to the point of being ready to get right with God no matter what it will cost them they are in a state/spirit of repentance toward God.

We then take that heart that we have toward God and place it on the Lord Jesus Christ, for there is no other name under heaven by which men must be saved, and that becomes faith. At that point God's grace through Christ is applied to us and we are saved, born again, and will never turn back into the practice of sinning. It is a repentance/faith that is lived daily and never turned from as we are kept in that state by the Spirit. Acts 20:21, 1John 2:19 and 1John 3:9,10.

Repentance of sin is the result of our salvation (new birth), and will be part of the sanctification process in our new life with Christ Eph. 2:10. While we may sin from time to time after being saved no one continues in the practice of sinning or returns to it after salvation 1John 3:9,10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JQOBMi4QS8&feature=youtu.be

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a member of Zweibruecken Baptist Church, when I was stationed with the US Army in Germany. I I PCS - we were running about 200 in our church! Over a dozen denominations of Baptist groups were represented - even though ZBC was officially a Southern Baptist Church.
    How did we get along? I supposed we did NOT worry about secondary issues - our main goal was to "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost ,Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Mat 28:19-20
    I should mention that I had joined ZBC a year previously - at the time our attendance was less than thirty. All we did was serve the Lord. .

So what denomination are you attending now?

• Like Like x 1
  7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Southern Baptist

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you are still an independent (and hopefully) a fundamental Baptist!

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No way! I hold to the fundamentals yes but I am not a IFB!

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets see

A) you are a member of a Baptist church
    B) You hold to the fundamentals of the Faith
    C) As a Southern Baptist - your church is independent

THUS you (as well as myself) are an independent fundamental Baptist.!

Note; - FWIW - I did not capitalize independent or fundamental!

11. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That has been referred to as a "cosmic carwash" theology where our characters are suddenly redeemed without any input or responsibility from us.

Another point of view is that we are in the process of being redeemed now, training in righteousness where we will be fit for the fullness of the Kingdom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to shoot from the hip here -

I, too, have been so confounded mad at fellow brothers and sisters that I couldn't see straight.

However, instead of my wondering how God is going to protect my feelings and attitude in heaven from those who have put me in a snit here on this earth because of how we view things differently...

...I have to pray a prayer of thanksgiving that those same people will not remember MY arrogance, fighting words, and divisive behavior.

There will be no sin in heaven and no tears. God will wipe all tears from our eyes, and sin will be remembered no more. None of us have a monopoly on the truth and once we are in the presence of Truth, all will be understood and perfect unity will prevail.

Once there, wherever that may be - we will be unified and as one bride, not many brides - exalting God's name forever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's say something really amazing happens, maybe a husband and wife welcome a new child to the world.

When the husband and wife hold that child, will they be thinking of Bobby Joe with the mullet down the street who flicked a booger in their driveway 5 years ago?

Likewise, when we're with Christ, will Christ not be infinitely as many times as amazing as a new child? Therefore when will we have time to be thinking about that Methodist/Lutheran/etc/etc whose doctrine we disagreed with?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we arrive in Heaven - we will be so overwhelmed - and the fact that we will be sinless-
    we will have no desire to have any ill feelings towards others.

• Like Like x 3
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect at that time our eyes will be on Christ rather than our differences (where they should be now). Also, we will be made like Christ (by that time, if not before, those things that divide us will have been lost to the refining of discipline, discipleship, sanctification, and glorification)..

• Like Like x 1
  16. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please clarify this, thank you!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both are true, as we will arrive there at different maturity levels, buty all will be completed once there...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will jave fully the mind of Christ, will see and know things as he does, so we will be able to focus on Him, and all of the other junk will pass away!

• Like Like x 1
  19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have often said that we will know all of those things we wonder about during this lifetime. And I do believe that we will know God as we are known. I am not sure, however, that we will know and see things exactly as Christ knows and sees (I don't think that we will be granted omniscience). But we will know God's will perfectly. And we will do God's will perfectly.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point, as thinking mainly will know all things that happened were for the plan and purpose of God to be accomplished!