1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Will We Stop Massacres at our Schools?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be the best way to stop the killings. Banning any kind of gun will not help at all.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is a great post to describe the sum of this persons contributions to the board. The fact he is still here is pathetic. How many people has he told either directly or implied they are not saved? This has gone on for six months, and should have been stopped five months ago.

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Perchco has the right answer to the problem. I posted in another thread on the subject, but I will summarize what I said:

Arm every teacher, administrator, staff member, coach. Give them all the training they need. Give a selected few assault-style weapons.

Post a sign to that effect at every entrance. Even the nut-jobs night think twice before acting. And if they do act, they do so knowing they'll die before they get very far.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I really do wonder if someone would still think to do this when they know there are guns to shoot back at them instead of the school just being an innocent sitting duck. A coward goes in to shoot babies in an unarmed school.

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, how many mass shooting have taken place at a police station? Gun range? :D:D

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Or gun show!

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would like to see non teaching personnel carry in the school (principal, vice principal,counselors, coaches, administrators, etc), and numbered based on entrances and size. I want teachers focused on hiding kids in newly redesigned built in hiding areas hidden into the room that are bullet proof. How different the outcome could have been had the principal and psychologist confronted the murderer with a weapon instead of lunging at them unarmed!

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

AMEN!
    :applause:

Children are targets because there's so few to defend them.

Further, consider the Swiss approach to gun ownership while upholding the Consitution of the United States.
    http://www.guncite.com/swissgun-kopel.html

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I often ask myself if Christians were as strongly moved to turn back to God and travail and pray when trouble arose instead of immediately looking for their "own fix" and strongly advocating everything seemingly but God as the solution, would the world be a different place?

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Plenty of people were praying last Friday and the shootings still happened. God also gave us minds to reason with in order to come to solutions to problems.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Christians "turning back to God" has nothing to do with the world's evil. It will still be there. Look at history. Even if every single Christian was "turned back to God" and completely on fire, there would still be senseless shootings.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

God's word disagrees with you.

No one said it wouldn't still be there. But He does tell you what He will do. The 7 revelation churches are gone because they didn't turn back. Israel was destroyed because they didn't turn back.

Didn't say there wouldn't be. And you're missing the point and strangely enough seem to be given folks an excuse to not turn back to God.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Clackamas mall shooter faced man with concealed weapon

"As I was going down to pull, I saw someone in the back of the Charlotte move, and I knew if I fired and missed, I could hit them," he said.

Meli took cover inside a nearby store. He never pulled the trigger. He stands by that decision.

"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli. "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."

CONTINUE . . .

Beginning Monday, St. Louis County police officers will visit dozens of elementary schools to talk about safety measures in the classroom.

St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch said resource officers are stationed at high schools and some middle schools, but not at any elementary schools.

"We have 31 (schools) just in the area that we patrol, and I know many of our muncipal partners have them as well, but we're going to take all the sworn officers we can - including myself - and be out in the schools tomorrow," Chief Fitch said.

Chief Fitch said he also wants to discuss different security options with elementary school officials. He said one possibility would be keeping guns locked inside the schools, and available only to trained staff members in emergency situations.

CONTINUE . . .

#73 poncho, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Interesting that you interpret my words that way. It's a wrong interpretation, btw.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Everytime I see a post of yours, it brings a stomach to the edge of throwing up.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You would not know if God's Word agrees or disagrees with anyone.