1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How would life be without the fall of man?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Sep 12, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Do you also sometimes think about this and ask yourself how it would be?
    If Adam had not sinned would the world look the same today? Would we also have technology and things like TV, cellphones, microwaves, cars, planes and all that?
    And how would life be? Without the fall what would happen if I cut myself with a knife? Would I bleed? Would it hurt? What would happen if I fell from a cliff? Would I simply land without breaking anything? Can you imagine how this would work?
    I can't. :(
    How would our bodies function if there had not been the fall? For example many things wouldn't even be necessary if there weren't things like viruses and bacteria. We wouldn't need all these different cells in our blood which have defensive functions. Did God create all this stuff directly in the beginning because he knew that we would need it?
    Do you think that giving birth to a child wouldn't have been painful in a perfect world without sin? Would everything have worked out just fine? Do you think women would still have their periods in a perfect world? Somehow this is all so hard to imagine. I mean why did God even create us with a physical body in the first place? On the new earth we will not have physical bodies anymore, does this mean that God realized that physical bodies aren't that good and because of this he changes it in the new world?
    Imagine life without having to eat,sleep and drink. Wouldn't this be cool? You could still eat but just for fun. This would be much better, wouldn't it? Why didn't God directly create everything this way? :confused:

And another question which also keeps me busy is: If there had not been the fall would we still be naked? I mean have you ever thought about this? Would we all be running around naked? Or were Adam and Eve not even really naked? Maybe being naked implies that they realized that they had sinned?

#1 xdisciplex, Sep 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2006
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Without the fall of man, we'd all be back in the 'Garden of Eden' eating strawberries!

Ed

3. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Imagine life without having to eat,sleep and drink. Wouldn't this be cool? You could still eat but just for fun. This would be much better, wouldn't it? Why didn't God directly create everything this way? :confused:

Too many people eat just for fun now. Could we become overweight?

If Adam had not been decieved by Eve, could women still manipulate us today? Would it still be fun?

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who says we won't eat sleep or drink...or that Adam and Eve never ate, slept or drank? Scripture teaches the contrary.

5. drfuss

drfuss New Member

drfuss writes:
    Too many people eat just for fun now. Could we become overweight?

If Adam had not been decieved by Eve, could women still manipulate us today? Would it still be fun?

Webdog writes:
    "Who says we won't eat sleep or drink...or that Adam and Eve never ate, slept or drank? Scripture teaches the contrary."

My point was "eating for fun" and not not because we need to.

6. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

And the same question arises as to what life in the New Heavens and New Earth will be like. I am left concluding that the universe and all its laws will probably be reordered so that such questions will be meaningless. It may have been reordered in the negative direction at the fall.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Was the whole world nice before the fall or only the garden of Eden? I mean wouldn't the garden have become too small for all humans?

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

and watermelon adn cantaloupe. My wife sends with me a big bowl of chilled fruit in bite sized chunks in season and it delights my soul and I thank HIM each time I get a chunk. What a treat.

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

#9 Scarlett O., Sep 13, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I feel like my questions aren't taken seriously.
    Such kind of answers don't help me at all.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

These kind of questions can't be answered. This is like asking how would life be different for humans if we had wings. Can't answer it.

12. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But at least you could tell me what your thoughts are. Or do you never try to imagine how it would have been? If I cannot imagine something then it seems so unreal to me. If something seems unreal to me then it's hard to believe in it. :(
    I always have to be able to rationalize something and to be able to understand or imagine it, it doesn't work otherwise. :tear:

13. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

Of course it can be answered.

It would be as it currently is in heaven.

All serving and worshipping God.

We would all be of one faith.

The down side is that we probably would not have evolved into our current state of technology. We would not be driven by those vices that cause us to try and better our lives by trying to make our daily life easier.

I could on for a few more pages on this.

#13 Inquiring Mind, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2006
  14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't believe this to be true. God created us with creativity, and I believe we will still have technology and technological advances...even on the New Earth.

15. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Without the fall of man - no sin no suffering - just infininte opportunities for growth and joy and learning and experiencing the infinite depths of who God is and His perfect love.

Pure genius in every person with amazing projects and ability to accomplish those projects.

In Christ,

Bob