1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How ?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by pinoybaptist, Aug 5, 2004.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for clarifying that point, npetreley.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Moses and Elijah stood with Christ -- PRECROSS on the mount of transfiguration (see Matt 17).

Enoch went to heaven. Elijah went to heaven, Moses went to heaven.

In John 8 Christ said that Abraham "SAW my day".

In Gal 3 we find "The Gospel was preached beforehand to Abraham".

In Heb 4:1-2 we find that "The Gospel was preached to US JUST as it was to THEM also".

Yes - salvation was "real" in the OT.

In Christ,

Bob

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not arguing salvation was not real in the OT.
    I'm saying, if salvation is thru the preaching of the gospel, and only when the sinner hears the gospel is God able to appropriate the blood of the Lamb depending on the decision of the hearer to accept the 'offer', then who preached to Enoch, who preached to Elijah ?

Yet the Bible says Enoch preached the gospel, and if so, what gospel ? There is no good news by which to be saved, since Christ has not come yet, and has not been crucified yet, and has not risen from the dead yet ! So, on what basis did God bring Enoch and Elijah to heaven ? For that matter, on what basis did OT saints go to heaven ?

Or, is there a different rule for salvation for the OT sinners, and a different rule for NT sinners ?

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Same rule, same Gospel, same Christ.

John 16 - the Holy Spirit "Convicts the World of sin and righteousness and judgment".

1Peter 1
    Clearly they "knew" of the sufferings of Christ AND the glories to follow.

Also your quote of Romans 10 needs some work.

In Christ,

Bob

5. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I think you misspoke here. Don't unbelievers only want to rebel against God? You guys are always saying that they do what they want. Just keeping you honest. [​IMG]

43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.

This verse answers it self. They cannot accept what he has said because they are unable. Acts 28:21-27 tells us why they are unable and verse 28 shows that all men aren't in that same condition.

The following verses are showing the nature of men as being born of the devil. In Verse 47 Jesus is probably speaking about himself as being from God and being the only one able to recieve words directly from above which if you read the context would make more sense than your interpretation. But either way, it doesn't say what you need to to say to prove TD.

I thought you weren't replying to me anymore Nick? Did you decide to finally follow the instructions of the Bible you defend by forgiving your brother and being at peace with all men if it is possible?

Oh wait, that was addressed to PB....darn it. ;)