1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by dcorbett, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have already cast my vote for Baldwin. But it is false that Repubs only use the abortion issue. There is just no evidence to support that.

2. dan e.

dan e. New Member

There are currently 8 consecutive years of evidence that support it. If they hadn't played so hard on the abortion issue, there isn't a chance Bush could've remained in office.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This is not evidence of using it for an issue. It is speculation at best and most likely an opportunity to demonize to justify a position.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Is Roe vs Wade still the law of the land? Why yes. That is all the evidence I need. If they cared, it would be overturned, or Congress change the law.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This ideology stems from not seeing the whole picture but rather wants to demonize. There is more to R v. W than just passing a law in congress.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, it is called a conservative Supreme Court, which has been in place since Bush's two appointees were confirmed. Also, there is more to it than that. There is the issue of returning the question to state control. The point is, nothing has been done in eight years.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

I have yet to see anyone running for president who approved of and thought we should take new born babies and and hide them in a linen closet and wait for them to die. Obama is it. Being able to over turn RvW or not is one thing, but denying anew born medical attention and letting it lay there alone and die is completely another, and can not be compared. Declaring an infant in the womb a non person, or a new born who hasn't been carried in the womb for 9 months(preemies have not been in the womb for 9 months either) non persons, is horrendous, and evil. Not to be compared with the legal issues of over turning RvW. I would not ever vote for anyone, democtare or republican, who approved if this hatred against God, I could not possibly view myself, ever, as a fit christian, I'd be ashamed.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Apparently you have not paid much attention. There have been many battles in abortion over the years.

http://www.google.com/search?q=abor...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.lifesitenews.com/

And I am all for getting the feds out of the way of a great many things so long as what is recognized in one state cannot be imposed on another.

#28 Revmitchell, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I pay plenty of attention, as no other issue is near as important, and your web sites are old and small battles. No, we are talking about a President, Congress, and Supreme Court with the leadership to fix the problem. Eight years, no action.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The small battles are just as important. The SC cannot move on anything unless a lawsuit comes before them. Then there is overturning presidence. The phrase "eight years no action" is just false.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is nothing false about it. The President and Congress could have passed a law and let it come before the Court. They did not. It is entirely your business if you want to put a halo over the Republicans head and pat them on the back for a job not well done. It is called a Republican apologist.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not support the liberal Republican party. Neither do I care for these false assertions on the abortion issue. Simply passing a law intended to go before the court is not a way to resolve it. It has to be done in the right way or it only strengthens R v. W.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

They are not false assertions. They are a reflection of either an inability to perceive what the Republicans have become. The only thing correct in your post is that Republicans are liberal. You are wrong about passing the law strenghtening roe. You say there is a right way to resolve it, but give no ideas. Have you ever read the Constitution?

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are asserting motives to the repubs that you have not made a case for. The inability to get the law changed does not prove motive. You and I both know that the constitution does not support R v. W . But in order for change to happen the SC has to agree with that. Assigning motives you can't know is not helpful and plays into the liberal lefts demonization.

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Just more libelous slander against "the enemy?" No support for your ridiculous claim?