1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Howard Dean on Meet the Press

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by TheWinDork, Aug 14, 2006.

1. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Governor Dean speaks a lot of plain sense. He was my pick in '04. I also wouldn't mind Sen. Russell Feingold of Wisconsin as President, although I don't think he has aspirations to that office in '08. Or maybe Jesse Ventura could be pursuaded to run. He did a great job in Minnesota.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First I don't think, well I know, that Howard Dean could not get elected in a national election.

Secondly he would not straighten this country out. He is a politician and he will do what politicians the world over do. He is only interested in keeping people with a "D" beside their name in office regardless of whether they are good for this country or not. These people, democrat and republican, are the main problem. If all Americans, or the vast majority, would wake up and kick 99% of the current office holders out of office on election day and bring in new people we just might get something done. I doubt that will happen though.

We need very tight term limits (no person can hold one office more than twice),

No benefits for those in public office (ie..no insurance, retirement, fancy cars, private plans, etc),

Limited pay and they cannot vote themselves a pay raise,

In other words we need people who are their for the right reasons. Right now we have very few, if any, people in Washington for the right reasons.

5. ehaase

ehaase New Member

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember his favorite NT book--JOB!