1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HP tablet announcement

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Oct 30, 2011.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After HP sold their touchpads out at about a third of their normal selling price they announced there might be a second batch made available. Well they are out but not as they suggested they would introduce them.

They had a sign up page to be notified when they were available. They told those signing up that they would be emailed. Well, still waiting for an email and now I know why. :BangHead:

From their site for updates on the touchpad: "UPDATE: Last Chance
    by Administrator Mark_Budgell August - last edited Friday

"More TouchPads on the Way UPDATE: Last Chance

"At HP, we try very hard to provide a positive experience to every customer who purchases an HP product. In some cases, like the HP TouchPad where supply has been extremely limited from the start, we simply cannot meet demand. We are now announcing that while some retailers will have limited stock available, HP’s online inventory is depleted."

"Thank you for your interest in this product and the feedback you provided. Your input plays a critical role in defining our product roadmap and will help us continue to bring innovative products to market."

Best Buy is advertizing them at 149 but with a huge catch.

"HP TouchPad $149.99 Offer Coming Soon

"Beginning November 1, 2011 at BestBuy.com® and November 4, 2011 in Best Buy® stores, you can buy the 32GB HP TouchPad tablet for just $149.99 when you also buy a qualifying HP laptop, desktop or all-in-one computer."

Soooo glad I waited for their second wave! NOT!

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

So glad I picked mine up during the first round. It is an awesome device.

3. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was to late the first time, have been waiting with anticipation since till this morning. Passed up a couple other nice units waiting for the hp.

Ah well another toy will be along soon I'm sure :)

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Maybe this is just a Best Buy promo, not an HP one. Don't give up yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

5. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just ran across this on a website discussing hp's changes in management. "A second run was sold-out to employees who spent the whole day ordering HP TouchPads with some complaining about the loss of work time."

6. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I have been looking into getting a tablet PC. The Fingerhut Christmas catalog came in the mail yesterday and they had a limited quantity "special purchase" of the HP Tablet. Since we had both heard good things about it, we decided to order one.

Probably cost a little more than it would have if we ordered it through HP or bought it in a store (most Fingerhut items are like that), but we feel that it will be well worth it.

We are definitely looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Is the HP App Store a good source of apps?

:)