1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Huckabee’s role in SBC conflict presaged political balancing act

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by faithcontender, Jan 18, 2008.

1. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

For the record, I don't agree with Huckabee's soft stand against theological liberalism and his being too ecumenical. The reason I like him to be president, is because among presidential candidates Mike is the only candidate who is strong with regards to social values and his support to Israel. I believe he is also the most trustworthy among the candidates.

Below is the article link about his role in SBC theological controversy. I don't agree with his soft stand regarding this.

Huckabee’s role in SBC conflict presaged political balancing act

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is not convincing as a theological conservative in spite of his efforts to claim to hold to inerrancy. It is difficult to line up liberal social policies and then claim conservative theological positions.