1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Huckabee Becomes 1st Presidential Candidate to Sign ''No-Amnesty'' Pledge

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by faithcontender, Jan 16, 2008.

1. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

Huckabee Becomes 1st Presidential Candidate to Sign ''No-Amnesty'' Pledge

(January 16) On Wednesday afternoon, Governor Mike Huckabee became the first presidential candidate to sign Americans for Better Immigration's (ABI) "No-Amnesty" pledge. Joined by ABI's President Roy Beck in South Carolina, Huckabee promised, if elected, he would fully implement enforcement measures that, over time, will lead to the attrition of our illegal immigrant population.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

More grandstanding by the Huckster. I don't believe politicians should sign any pledges. These are just pandering to the group pushing the pledge.

3. redbelt

redbelt New Member

Grandstanding for sure.... How DARE we think this man could honestly stick to a pledge he makes while campaigning.... ridiculous....
    I keep asking myself... Have I been happy with what the 'established (Main Stream) Republican party' has done over the past eight years? NO NO NO.

Huckabee is a breathe of fresh air. He's not perfect and he would be the first to admit it. Please tell me specifically where he is a 'liberal'?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Soft on crime while governor. Example: Wayne Dumond case.
    2. Huge tax increases that he asked for while governor.
    3. Soft on illegal immigration while governor. Example: advocated taxpayer-funded scholarships for the children of illegal aliens.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems strange that a Christian (especially a Baptist preacher) would make a promise that he would not extend grace (amnesty) to those who are in dire need of it.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is that? This is about government policy, not church policy. Allegedly, Mr. Huckabee is running for president of the federal government of these United States, not for president of the Southern Baptist Convention nor for national pastor.

However, if one examines what he had to say and propose while governor it is the opposite of this pledge he signed.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less if he was mister super duper conservative himself and had a big red SDC on the front his undershirt. As long as he has globalists like Haas for "advisors" the "free flow of goods and people across borders" shall not be infringed!

Huckabee is just another new world order poser like the Bushes and Clintons. And it still bugs me that Huckabee and Romney pilfered Ron Paul's campaign to use as their own. Although I don't blame them for doing it. They couldn't very well go out and keep stumping for bigger government and more control when people started taking Paul's limited government and less control stance serious now could they?

#8 poncho, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's for sure the globalists plan to merge the USA, Mexico and Canada into the NAU by stealth and executive fiat is too far advanced for them to give up on it now.

11. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

Poncho, I'm sure that you and me have been sounding the alarm....Hopefully not to all deaf ears! The last three years have been frustrating at times but I think people are beginning to wake up.......
    I just hope that its happening in time.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, I think the mainstream media "educated in thirty minutes" crowd is begining to thin alittle but we still have a long row to hoe. In the begining of the American revolution only 3-5% of the population were involved. They weren't about to let a foreign power dictate to them and as time went on their numbers grew.

More people will join in when it becomes apparent to them that we face the same type of foreign control today. They'll limp in here when they feel it's safer or less embarassing for them to admit we were the real patriots all along and they were the ones aiding and abetting the enemy as they've had so much fun accusing us of doing.

Maybe then they'll get it through their heads that the "global war on terror" is just a diversion to keep our eyes and ears closed to the willful and systematic destruction of our constitutional republic at the hands of designng and deceitful internationalists pretending to be Americans.

All throughout history freedom was the exception not the norm people forget that living in their comfy homes and driving minivans and watching their big screen digital tv sets all bought with easy credit and fiat currency. The elite have always sought to dominate and control us and while they had almost complete control over the flow of information they were secure in their castles so to speak. But now with the internet we can bypass their command and control systems and spread the truth around the whole world in a nanosecond. That really bugs em and they want that breach closed in a bad way. So we'll see one way or the other who wins this war between liberty and global enslavement. It ain't going to get easier I promise you that.

#12 poncho, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008