1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Huckabee or Giuliani/Romney

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Dec 30, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There have been lots of threads talking about the imperfections of all the candidates for the Republican nomination, especially Huckabee.

Knowing that no one is perfect, knowing what you know now, do you feel more comfortable voting for Huckabee or say Paul, or someone like Giuliani/Romney?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Paul. :)

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could vote for Huckabee, McCain, or Romney (if I held my nose). I could not vote for Rudolph "the RINO" Guiliani or Ron Paul---Guiliani because I believe he lacks morals and Paul because I am not enough of a libertarian.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What a surprise.

5. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

You left out the other fringe candidate, saturneptute: Alan Keyes. I don't agree with everything he says, especially on the war, but I admire his principled stands and I'd vote for him over any of the people in the OP (excluding Paul of course.)

ETA: Keyes is one of the very few principled economic conservatives left in the GOP. If only he were electable! :sigh:

#5 Ivon Denosovich, Dec 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2007
  6. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

I "match up" most closely on the issues with Duncan Hunter.

7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Certainly Ron Paul is my first pick but if that does not work out then I will give consideration to Fred Thompson. If Fred Thompson doesn't work out then it will most likely be a Third Party candidate. The other option is that if Hillary and Obama bad mouth each other right out ofthe running and then I might consider what is left of the Democratic field.

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I would vote for any of the Republican candidates against Hillary or Obama.

9. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Although I'd probably vote for any Rep over Dem in this election, too, if Giulliani or Romney win the election, I may not vote at all. I do not support Ron Paul because of his position on Israel, among other things. So I'm left with Huckabee, Thompson, and the rest, by default. Thompson seems to barely have the motivation to get out of bed by noon (which I can relate too, but I'm not running for president), and I don't think the also-rans can win the nomination, so I'm left with Huckabee or an independent.

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Edwards first and McCain second.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope not.

Not voting is the same as a vote...

for someone.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Huckabee or Romney. I don't really know much about Ron Paul yet, but I like what I have seen so far of Huck and Rom.

I'm with PastorSBC, though. Any republican over Himary or Barak Osama Obama (can you imagine having ANY president of the USA with "Osama" in their name after 9/11! :eek:)

#12 webdog, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
  13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Give me some of the choices:
    Baptist preacher, Mormon, "movie star," ex-president's wife, ex-marine, and I don't know much about the rest. I may even have one of the above wrong. If I could vote I'd vote for a Baptist. But since I can't it really doesn't matter.

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just go with Fred Dalton Thompson . He's the best candidate out there by far .

15. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just remember that we are Christians which means we claim to follow Christ and His word.

Votings is saying you agree with the person's view points (usually most, if not all). So naturally as a Christian we would measure the man against the Word of God first and then move on to deliberate the details over the "how to's".

First off, there is not a candidate running who does not vow to uphold the constitution of the United States of America. Nor can any President violate the constitution without reprecussion or ammend the constitution without the Congress. So this issue is mute.

Second, all candidates are for caring for the poor and needy. Also all are for protecting and caring for the children who have made it completely pass the birth canal alive.

Third, all candidates hate war and see it as a last resort towards protecting our country.

Fourth, all candidates want fair taxes.

Fifth, all candidates want fair and legal immigration into this country.

Sixth, all candidates want economic growth and a good balance between economic growth and the evironmental consequences of that growth.

So as Christians we need to first eliminate those candidates who by their own ommissions disregard God's Holy Word in any area.

Does the candidate follow Jesus Christ? Is he a Christian? The answer to this question covers all other issues concerning the Word of God..... murder, compassion for the oppressed, taxes, marriage, homosexuallity, caring for the poor and needy, protecting God's creation, etc.

A vote is entering into an agreement with the candidate. If the man wins, you are bound to him for a term that only he can break. For the Christian, it is more legally binding than a marriage certificate.

2Cr 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad.

2Cr 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

God Bless! :thumbs:

16. leesw

leesw Member

I could vote for:
    Duncan Hunter
    Mike Huckabee
    Mitt Romney
    Ron Paul
    Fred Thompson
    John McCain
    Alan Keyes

Could note vote for:
    Giuliani (*I honestly don't know what I'd do. I just hope it's not a choice)
    Any Democratic Nominee

17. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there is not a real pro-life candidate, I cannot and will not vote. I hope and pray that will not be the case.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will support none of them, but I would hold my nose and vote for any of them against any democrat currently in the field.