1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Human Life Constitutional Amendment.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Oct 18, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Ron Paul is advocating is federalism. What you are advocating is called centralism.

If you don't think that passing a law is easier than passing a constitutional amendment then I suggest that you read a good book on the political process in these United States.

Also, repealing Roe v. Wade would automatically throw the issue back to the states.

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Federalsim is used in a variety of ways politcally. And I have never advocated centralsim.

I never even alluded to such.

It should be repealed as it has no legal standing. But human life should be protected in every state as well.

I

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    fed·er·al·ism Pronunciation: \ˈfe-d(ə-)rə-ˌli-zəm\ Function: noun Date: 1787 1 aoften capitalized : the distribution of power in an organization (as a government) between a central authority and the constituent units — compare centralism b: support or advocacy of this principle2capitalized : Federalist principles

- www.m-w.com/dictionary/federalism

cen·tral·ism Pronunciation: \ˈsen-trə-ˌli-zəm\ Function: noun Date: 1831 : the concentration of power and control in the central authority of an organization (as a political or educational system) — compare federalism

- www.m-w.com/dictionary/centralism

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

You just proved my point on centralism and this doesnt speak to the use of federalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalism

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it does.

Frankly, I have to seriously question our reading comprehension and ability to think logically.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Good for you.:thumbs:

I can take that and add 1.25 to and get a cup of coffee from the 7/11

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see at this point that Rudy will fight the Reagan platform. He may just go with the majority of Republicans on this issue. Afterall, Rudy is a mainline Republican in favor of limited government, lower taxes, the war against terror. It is on social issues that he is on the other side from conservatives.

However, Ron Paul comes from a libertarian background and he has been openly fighting the idea of a constitutional amendment to protect human life. Ron Paul is 100% opposed to a constitutional amendment.

The most prominent Republican is still Reagan, the author of the idea of a constitutional amendment.

I disqualify Romney, as you know, Ivon, because of his membership in a non-Christian cult.

I am leaning towards Fred Thompson. The blog that I have linked in my signature is by a well-known Republican now working for Thompson.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't deny that the life amendment is Reaganesque. I don't deny that it's a good idea. I'm just wondering if a strict constitutionalist wouldn't already have the basis to be pro-life. Hence my criticism of Ron Paul's less than pro-life record. I know that the Dec of Indy has "the right to life, liberty....." which is indeed pro-life. I'm just asking if a strict reading of the constitution wouldn't find the base principle of pro-life. Maybe this should be discussed seperately.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

It just might be but we would have to have a presidence set at the Supreme court level to establsih that at this point.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No debate, Tom. The supreme court signed one document, Roe v Wade, that has served as the death warrant for millions. Clearly the supreme court was out of line just as they were in the Dred Scott case of the 19th century. However, the problem with the constitution is that it is all sail and no anchor. Thereby, millions have been deprived of due process. We see that our system is corrupt and that a nazi program of abortion has plagued us. Any action short of a constitutional amendment can be easily overturned or set aside just as the supreme court set aside the idea that murder is wrong and said that the child is the property of the mother. I think that the members of that court are all dead now themselves, aren't they? At any rate, only the people can put a stop to the supreme court. By the way, the supreme court is still way out of line.

In the long run, only Scripture is an adequate guide to proper conduct in life. A historical look at what happens to the most intellectual without Christ was written by Paul Johnson in his book entitled The Intellectuals. No one has ever betrayed the common man the way the non-Christian intellectuals have.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Hillclimber! I can live a month on a compliment like that! Ron Paul may think that he will chase Phyllis Schafly out of the GOP convention but I have an idea that it will be the other way around, don't you?

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not true. The Congress has the authority to restrict the jurisdiction of the federal courts on this matter.

13. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Oh you mean HR 300. Which, along with all his other bills, never even make it out of committee.

14. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ron Paul, and his handlers know full well that to confront Phyllis in this matter would be political suicide. She is widely followed and revered in the Christian community.

They wouldn't dare.

15. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

(Bolding mine.) That Giuliani differs with conservatives is precisely my point. Thanks for restating it. So, why does Rudy get the benefit of the doubt that he will do the exact opposite of what he believes? Where was Lady Eagle during your "Rudy for President" thread?

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Elaborate, please.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and the next Congress can undo what the last one did just as easily.

Look, it is going to be difficult to undo Roe v. Wade. It murders a disproportionate number of Blacks, which causes some men to support it. It also murders a number of whoresons, rejected by society. We are dealing with the seamy side of society on this issue.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I agree.

2) I agree.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

In all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, and those in which a state shall be party, the Supreme Court shall have original jurisdiction. In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make.

- Article III, Section 2 of the U.S. constitution