1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Humanism of arminianism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Thank you Paul for reminding me (and everyone else) of this fact.

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Really?

Well if this be true, shame on me. This this be false, shame on you for saying such things.
    That is not the truth. Others want to see other views from many. I quoted 3-4 Calvinist, it is only fair that some may think only Calvinist believe this. Therefore I produced a Arminian saying it. I do not, nor have I at any time said that all freewillers believe this. It is however clear that some do.

Is this not what I said?

I'm not forcing any one to agree. I simply ask eah time....do you agree? BTW..do you agree?

Yes...and so it was. And the small backbones of people who knew this was a error......where were they? Romans one says that sin is not only in those that DO the act, but also in those that give "approval". To this date you are the only one non-Calvinist that has admitted there is no such quotes. And this came after many pages. Where is the truth from the "nons"? (A good word that I may start using after what I have witnessed)

Why do you think I asked 500 times to "nons" if they agreed??????? Surely they would could foreward...right? No...they said what they wanted. NOTHING

Actions speak. So I must eand...shame on the "nons"

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Its teeter totter theology. When you left up man, you pull down God. Man has a will...man has a will...man is the one that choses.....man controls his own outcome....God cannot over take mans desire......God cannot.....MAN MAN MAN...

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I must admit, that I did not understand some one Rippons post. Today, I see clearly. You have no backbone. You will not come clean on this Calvin. vs Holy Spirit and now I know your long history of the same.

5. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Minks classic work goes on...

I do say, I felt like freewillers would step up to the plate and defend their said on this. Other than 2-3 post, all I have seen was a cry of unfairness. Let me encourage free-willers to defend their views and list what mink says, with your own views. :)

6. quantumfaith

As you said in some ealier post/thread. I lose no sleep over what you think. None, nada, nyet, nicht.....

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Jarthur seems to have taken over where Luke and P4T has left. I hope being obnoxious is not a trait all cal's have in common.

BTW, how can it be explained that in putting man in the proper place by giving him free will, does not demean God, rather it puts God in the place where He is even more glorious. God can both give man a free will and then use all man's choices to bring about what He wants to happen. This shows another attribute of the greatness of our God's grace!

8. quantumfaith

I SO agree with you Robert, the constant "snipping" that the "free will, agency" etc of man in anyway "demeans" God or His sovereignty is simply false.

9. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Example:

Calvin's chronology and Moses' chronology:

Calvin's Commentary:
    Jacob did not kiss Rachel till he had informed her that he was her relative

Genesis 29:11-12a
    Then Jacob kissed Rachel and wept aloud. And Jacob told Rachel that he was her father's kinsman

So, which chronology do these Calvinists follow?:

Thomas Whitelaw's Exposition of Genesis:
    John Gill's Exposition of Genesis:

10. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will go for Moses' chronology.

11. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

No one said God CAN not, only that God does not. Until you learn the distinction, any discussion with you is futile.

12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Paul,

This is what you said..
    I know what Arminians believe, but I'm not sure you do.:) I would love to take on many subjects in your statement, but not on this thread.

You know what.....

Paul if you desire to talk about Calvinism vs Arminianism, please start a thread and give me your best argument. I'll be there. Don't use some 2nd rate argument. I want your best.

I look forward to it, and if you want, send me a message when you have it up and running.

How about foreknowledge? That is the power in your system. If you want, lets talk about foreknowledge. That would be a good one. As I said, I don't think you know what you believe. So tell me why foreknowledge is better. :) On another thread please.

Or...you pick your best. Now come with Scripture support. :)

Have a good day by new found friend.

James

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you will continue to hold to this blatant lie even after I already explained myself and my statement IN CONTEXT?

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Mink says more...

#74 Jarthur001, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  15. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Sorry, removed those post in error.
    _______

What do you mean? What event were you talking of? Which year?

Post the event and your "explaining" and I will reply.

16. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I believe the only logically consistent view of a Calvinist is to conclude that all those who remain non-Calvinists are not really saved.

How else do you explain how God's regenerating Spirit can bring a lost man to understand the gospel, but somehow fail in bringing him the rest of the way to a correct knowledge of basic soteriology?

Why is one believer Calvinistic while another is not? Is it something "good" within the man that makes him smarter, more humble, more accepting of the "truth?" Clearly, the only logically consistent response is to say that God is the determiner of who does and doesn't accept these doctrines as truth, right? And why would God deprive his child of the ability to willingly accept the truth of their salvation? Thus the only really consistent answer is to conclude that those who reject Calvinistic doctrine aren't really children of God. Where am I wrong on this?

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Please...don't play games. You know exactly what I am talking about as YOU brought it up again recently. I've never questioned your salvation, and if you continue to maintain that you will show yourself to be a liar.

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

No, you misunderstand me. It is clear I have not been clear to you. Please forgive me.

I do not deny you questioned my salvation, I'm asking which time are you talking about that you said please forgive me? Because I don't remember that forgiveness part at any time. This year or any year before.

I could be wrong, but I never remember you saying you were wrong and asking forgiveness. This is why I said, if you want to prove me wrong, and I could be wrong, just post your reply showing you said I'm sorry.

All I can remember at this point is you saying people misunderstand you.

Now Web....Don't feel like you must do this. I'm fine with how you feel about others. But if you feel better about it, go ahead and show the post. I will gladly admit I was wrong, and ask you to forgive me.

19. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

now back to the subject

It would be good to hear an Arminian address these...

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

Where are all these Arminians you keep speaking of? I am neither Calvinist or Arminian, both are error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.