1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Humility" - book by Andrew Murray

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by computerjunkie, Feb 25, 2006.

1. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

I am not a pastor, so forgive me for posting in this forum, but I wanted to share something.

Have any of you ever heard of the book by Andrew Murray entitled "Humility: The Journey Toward Holiness"? It is an incredible book about how we are to study the humility of Jesus and to live a life of emptying ourselves in order to take on His humility.

My church is looking into getting multiple copies to give to all the staff, deacons, committee members, and Sunday School leadership. It gets right to the heart of the issue of pride which, in my church at this particular time, is a big problem in us moving past some hurts and changes and onto what God has in His plan for us.

I would highly recommend it for pastors as well as church leadership and even church members. Jim Cymbala of Brooklyn Tabernacle has said he reads it twice a year just to stay on track.

It's about 100 pages, but I have found it NOT to be a quick read! If you meditate on the scriptures Murray references, as well as what he is saying, it takes some time to take it all in!

Just for information, Christian Book Distributors (www.cbd.com) has it for $5.99 plus shipping. Or Amazon.com has it for $7.99 and free shipping if your order is over $25.00. It's not an expensive book, but WELL worth the investment.

May God bless each of you as you serve Him in your area of ministry.

CJ

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Sounds like a good book. I have enjoyed Murray's With Christ in the School of Prayer