1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HUNTING vs. PETA

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Hardsheller, Aug 5, 2005.

?
  1. YES

100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Too much information, Poncho!!!!!!

The problem with Peta and hunting is that they would stop everyone from hunting(and eating meat), period. No regard for the impact this would have on the environment or the suffering of humans or animals that would result from such a drastic change. This in the belief that the earth would rebalance itself within a few years and we should be willing to make that "sacrifice", because we are only animals ourselves.(can you say Godless)

While I am much to squemish to hunt myself, I believe hunting should be allowed within the limits of seasons and sizes for this animal or that(Alabama has several different hunting seasons). For sport or for food, doesn't matter so long as you are within the limits.

Either that or bring back the wolves and the cougars!

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Does anyone know if PETA has a position on Human Population Control and Abortion?

I would suspect that most PETA Persons are PRO-
    Choice.

3. Petrel

Petrel New Member

PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said, "I am not only uninterested in having children. I am opposed to having children. Having a purebred human baby is like having a purebred dog; it is nothing but vanity, human vanity."

They don't have an official position on abortion, but since they in general have a low opinion of people, I suspect almost all are pro-choice.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

5. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe PETA has better biblical hermeneutics when it comes to Genesis 1:28 than many Christians.

I would agree with everything here except to say that subdue and dominion does include using. But using justly and ethically with reverence for God's creation.

6. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

I used to love Deer Hunting and still love venison. I am disturbed by certain exclusive deer clubs that promise a member a kill in using what Petrel has called "Canned hunts" (Not real hunting but often setting the animal up by putting it's food and water in one area and perhaps not feeding it for a time so the hunter gets a easy kill).

I also have problems with pure trophy hunts BUT have no problems at all with true game hunters.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm hoping that's a good thing [​IMG]

8. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Petrel could I please get a link on that
    quote? I have really tried hard to find it
    and cannot. Of course in its context would be
    nice as well.

if its the consumer center
    for consumer freedom they don't count they
    are bought and paid for by the food industry and
    restaurant industry...of course they are going
    to go after her because of their clients and the
    infusion of big money into their front group.imho

look I did find a quote Petrel but its from
    another article she said this and it is still
    bizarre but not as draconian as yours which
    I think came from that front group that hates her
    which is fine...they are only trying to protect
    the food industry and restaurants because they
    fund them with big bucks.

She said this:

OMC : I read that you think having a baby is like adopting a pure-bred animal -- totally selfish.

IN : Yes, that’s true. I wish more people would adopt children. If I had more time, I would. There are so many beautiful children in Eastern Europe -- all over the world -- that need to get out of orphanages and into families.

2005 quote trusted source

9. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Sounds like spin. The original story was in the 2003 New Yorker in "The Extremist: The Woman Behind the Most Successful Radical Group in America."

Don't have time to look up the original context right now, I'll try to find it later.