1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hurricane activity at 30-year lows...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Mar 13, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

http://www.coaps.fsu.edu/~maue/tropical/

Remember Katrina, Rita, et al, and the dire predictions about hurricanes and global warming? Well, now...

Some salient points:
    • This period of inactivity is nearly three years old now.
    • Scientists have no idea why this is happening.
    • Al Gore, in his "we're all gonna fry and die tomorrow" speech, has dropped the "Hurricane Evidence" slide and talking point from his presentation. Really. (snicker)
    I wonder how long before the lack of hurricanes will be attributed to global warming...

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Anything that happens is either:

A. A result of global warming
    B. Bush's fault
    C. All of the above

3. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will say one thing. The fact that Hurricane Dennis was a category 4 storm & broke up before making landfall was nothing short of a miracle. It was headed our way, so my family & I loaded the car up & went to my grandparent's place in northeastern Louisiana. That storm blew over quicker that we expected it to. Once we got back (which was just after it had passed), you couldn't even tell that a hurricane had been through there. You could even see that the roads were drying up.

Even though we were grazed by Katrina, I was more concerned about Dennis. The national news broadcasters rarely ever put Mobile in the spotlight. When they start doing that, then I get concerned. The worst part about a hurricane is dealing with the aftermath. That's when things are the most miserable. Its always hot, there's no AC, & people are always distressed (which seems to get everyone in a foul mood).