1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hyles!!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by TheOliveBranch, Oct 13, 2003.

1. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

I had to laugh at someone who insinuated that I was Hylesish [​IMG]

Don't take offense, (you know who) because I guess coming from the BB, that can be a good thing, in my eyes.

Terms like KJVOnlyist, legalist, militant, Hylesish, far right winger, one of the "long skirts", and such can be a compliment :cool:

I rather like my stand. I love separation, I love the OT. I love my KJV. I like to stand out from the world, and be noticed as different. I love to explain to the unbeliever as I stand at their door, that I'm not a JW. [​IMG]

Maybe I'm viewed as "another one of them", but I am not going to change because of what another Christian thinks of me as wrong. I know there are others out there that believe as I do. I don't think they frequent this board as much, out of frustation.

What do you believe is your stand?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

My two oldest children went to Hyles for a year in the early eighties.

My son is now the Pastor of a church and my daughter is married and attending First Baptist Church of Hammond.

I have attended services at the church and have visited the college.

I know Hyles-Anderson College and First Baptist Church are not very popular on the BB. But, I have nothing negative to say about either one of them... [​IMG]