1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hyper-dispensationalist?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by cdg, Feb 18, 2004.

1. cdg

cdg New Member

What is a hyperspensationalist? Could anyone help me out with this belief. Please, give specific example(s) of the beliefs of/or with this doctrine. I really dont know and this seemed to be the place to ask. I am not trying to spark debate or controversy, but I dont mind it when it comes as surely it will on this issue since probably not everyine is agreed. Thank you to all who will post.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, simple lesson.

Dispensational Theology teaches God reveals truth to man; man is responsible for that truth; man fails; God judges and begins to deal with man in a new dispensing of truth. Some of the effects of the dispensation previous will carry over; some will not.

1. Innocence, then Adam blew it
    2. Conscience, but man ignored God and the flood came
    3. Human Government, but man continued to rebel at Babel
    4. Promise to one family, but failed to live in patriarchal society
    5. Law to descendants of that one family, but man could not keep it
    6. Church to form a new body of Jew/Gentile, but apostasy left it a shell
    7. Kingdom of Jesus to reign with Church, but when satan is loosed world will STILL be deceived.

Now "HYPER" dispensationalist (called "Grace" movement or "OHarism" after a famous Chicago pastor) starts sub-dividing many of the dispensations.

For instance we have a new one after Malachi (Law/Temple sacrifice replaced with a synagogue system)

Then one for John, baptizing for repentance

The next for Jesus, whole separate way of God dealing with man

Then another for Acts as a transition.

Now Pauline, so we get our theology and teaching from the Epistles

End result? HYPER dispies reject as "not applicable" 90% of the Bible. Only the letters of Paul (and John) and only those written AFTER Acts 28 (start with prison epistles) are valid.

Problem? In those few late letters there is nothing about hell, so HYPER's deny hell. There is nothing about the second coming/rapture, so HYPER's deny this. Much of I-II Timothy/Titus were written to a pastor dealing with the old dispensation, so HYPER's throw it out, along with Peter, Hebrews, Gospels, Acts, and most of Paul.

You get the pix. Just think of using only letters of John, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon and having to base all of your doctrine on those select books.

Ugly.

3. cdg

cdg New Member

Thank you, Dr. Bob, for the simple lesson.
    I had heard of hyper-dispensational theology preached against but never heard it defined. Again, thank you for the info.