1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hypothetical Situation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by superwoman8977, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This is one reason I often encourage us to be careful about making dogmatic statements in here. We don't know it all, and what is presented here is often very one-sided. The Proverbs speak of those who answer a matter before they hear it, and we should be cautious.

And BTW, as a side note, no one "made" you say anything. Perhaps just a slight verbal slip-up, but we all participate here at our own free will (until we do something stupid and the mods shut us down). It is perfectly acceptable (and even advisable) to just close the browser some times and breathe deeply. (I am not referring to you in particular.)

2. Joe

Joe New Member

She isn't doing it on purpose, Superwoman is just confused. I think she means well. She herself has a boyfriend though legally married to another guy so it's kinda like the blind leading the blind.

2 Cor 4:4 In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine to them.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

One can say anything, but her life shows a lack of repentance

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Churches should not accept sin just to make sure unbeleivers come to church.

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

News flash! She doesn't belong to anybody. Slavery is not legal. She is a free adult who can make choices.

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I agree, and I think the whole business of what is involved in being a church member needs to be addressed. I would add that church discipline does not mean "some of the members trying to get someone to leave the church."

Incidentally, this is your second post. :)

7. Beth

Beth New Member

I agree

I would suggest the same thing as the above post.

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

She is not sorry for her sin, she is sorry she got 'caught', otherwise she would not still be having an adulterous affair.

IMHO, the matter should be handled scripturally, and if she still refuses to 'give up' her affair, the she should be sent out of the church.

1Cr 5:6 Your glorying [is] not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The key is "repentance". If she has repented and asked God's forgiveness, she should be accepted as a sister in Christ. One who does not repent and sees nothing wrong in what they did should be made to realize that regardless of what they think, God calls it sin.

Jesus said in John 8:7 when a woman caught in adultery was brought to Him, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." Everyone left without casting a single stone at her. The conscience of each man there caused him to realize that he wasn't without sin and had no right to condemn her. Yes, what she did was sin, but while we can condemn sin, we cannot condemn any person. Only God is perfect and just and has the right to condemn anyone. Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more." The interesting thing is that I don't read where the woman asked for forgiveness. Does God forgive without a person asking for it?

#29 Jon-Marc, Jun 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008
  10. Joe

Joe New Member

Your reply
    Take a really deep breath. Calm down. You're getting yourself quite confused. What do you think I am referring to? Not slavery
    Yes, a bible verse

1 Corinthians 7:4 The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife

#30 Joe, Jun 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008
  11. donnA

donnA Active Member

Belonging to my husband has nothing to do with slavery.

12. JerryL

JerryL New Member

You could be onto something here Joe. Maybe Superwoman and the hypothetical are one and the same. I have no advice either way. I'm not very qualified in this scenario.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I disagree. There's sin - and unrepentant sin. She's "repented" of the pregnancy but not of the relationship. She's going to continue in a relationship where she obviously has committed adultery and she wants support in that adultery? Nope. Not gonna happen.

As others have shown, she was "repentant" about her pregnancy. Yeah - what is she gonna say about that? Since she's continuing in the relationship when she's still married means that she's not repented. Sorry - repenting is to turn away from something. She's not.

Read 1 Corinthians 5 and you'll get your answer.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Because the "two become one", my husband DOES belong to me and I DO belong to my husband. It's not ownership as in slavery but that we are one flesh and my flesh belongs to me.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I think we are talking semantics here.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll bet there is more people with unrepentive sin in that church than just her. Also, it seems she lacks some understanding, but looks to God and the church for the answers, it might take her a while to figure it out...maybe even longer if she's shut out for a pet peave sin.

#36 Benjamin, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2008
  17. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

(Ann, the third quote was NOT posted by me. I think this woman is not giving the whole story, personally. I never said "let's throw another wrench in there.)

love,

Sopranette

#37 Sopranette, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2008
  18. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Superwoman,

I am by no means calling you a liar, and if you believe I am, tell me so and I'll remove my post, but I have trouble believing this is another person. If you need help, just let us know. You'll see God work when everyone knows the story and knows exactly what to pray for.

To be on topic, I do not believe the woman is in the will of God. For the most part, the majority of the posters in this thread has addressed it fine.

Regardless of the situation, I will be praying. :praying:

19. Beth

Beth New Member

I must agre here

I must agree here, with Donna. She is not showing the fruit of repentance. We know this, not by wrongful judging, but by comparing her behavior with the Word of God.

A similar situation was described by Paul...a man had his father's wife. Paul did not advocate tolerance of this man's sinful choice, but that fellowship with the sinner had to be broken until he repented. Once he repented, fellowship with him was restored.

It was a sin for her to commit adultery. It IS a sin for her to continue the relationship...this is continued adultery.

20. Beth

Beth New Member

Yes

I will pray as well, both for you, superwoman, and the woman in question.